Meet up in Santa Barbara

Meet up in Santa Barbara

Real Estate Agent · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 10 votes

Hi everyone,

I live in Santa Barbara, CA and work as a Realtor for village properties. Would anyone be interested in starting a meet up? I was thinking we could get drinks somewhere downtown and talk about BP podcast and the market in SB. Let me know your thoughts.

1Reply
87 views

Most Popular Reply

Baird KingPro Member
Investor · Santa Barbara & Ventura · Member since 2020 · 227 posts · 65 votes
5y

All - I created an event page for this which you can find here: Santa Barbara Informal Investor Meetup.  Excited to see everyone who can make it.  For those who can't, please follow the event to learn how it went and stay tuned for future events.  If this gets a good turnout, I am happy to keep it going.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Santa Barbara · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    I'd be interested.  Please keep me in the loop if anything gets put together.

  • Investor · Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    I'm interested but live in the Bay Area so would appreciate some virtual opportunities too. Thanks for initiating. I am looking to invest in a duplex in SB county or SFH with ADU.

  • Baird KingPro Member
    Investor · Santa Barbara & Ventura · Member since 2020 · 227 posts · 65 votes
    5y

    Hey guys. I'm very interested!  I am tied up the next two weeks.  How about putting something together for mid-April?  Looking forward to meeting some more SB investors!  Excited about real in-person interaction, so a beer would be fun; but also up for a Zoom so we can get Jennifer involved.  

  • Allen MarisPro Member
    Investor · Santa Ynez, CA · Member since 2008 · 375 posts · 175 votes
    5y

    I'd be interested!

  • Baird KingPro Member
    Investor · Santa Barbara & Ventura · Member since 2020 · 227 posts · 65 votes
    5y

    @Spencer Cole @Zachary Moore @Allen Maris - how about getting something going? What is the evening of Thursday, June 17th like for you guys? 6pm? If we can lock in a time for the four of us, I’ll reach out to some others and lock in a spot. Allen - looks like your over the hills; are you open to heading our way? 

    @Jennifer Gardner - don't mean to disclose you. If we get a regular thing going, I'm sure we can start patching you in. In the meantime, if you want to chat SB real estate, I am always on board. Wrapping up a SFR w ADU in SB right now.


    Looking forward to connecting!

  • Real Estate Agent · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    Save me a spot!! At the moment I am free on June 17th. I definitely want to get together sometime.

  • Investor · Greenwood Village, CO · Member since 2021 · 22 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    @Spencer Cole

    Hi Spencer,

    I’m interested. I spend a lot of time in Santa Barbara, but I live in Colorado so a combination of virtual and live events would be of interest.

  • Marco FelixPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    Hello SB BP’ers,


    Sign me up! I would definitely be interested in talking RE with some local people. I am available Thursday June 17. Thank you all for starting this. Have a great day!!

  • Investor · Santa Barbara · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    it is my son's birthday, so I won't be able to make it.  please keep me in mind for the next one!

  • Allen MarisPro Member
    Investor · Santa Ynez, CA · Member since 2008 · 375 posts · 175 votes
    5y

    I could do the 17th too. @Baird King - Yep, I'd come over the hill since most of you guys are on the downhill side. 

  • Investor · Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    great to hear that there is momentum in this group! Keep me posted if you do a virtual meetup sometime and I'll be sure to join. And I come down there a couple times a year so will keep an eye on dates to hopefully meet at some point! Take care all :) 

  • Marco FelixPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    @Baird King, Great! Happy to meet local investors and even better over a beer. Thank and see you guys soon. 

  • Allen MarisPro Member
    Investor · Santa Ynez, CA · Member since 2008 · 375 posts · 175 votes
    5y

    Eh well, my sister decided to fly in that day so guess I'm out. Another time!

  • Baird KingPro Member
    Investor · Santa Barbara & Ventura · Member since 2020 · 227 posts · 65 votes
    5y

    Sorry to hear @Allen Maris.  We'll get you next time.

  • Real Estate Agent · Santa Barbara · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hey all! I am pretty dang new to real estate in Santa Barbara and would love to meet up and chat as well. Wondering if I could get in on the meetup!

  • Real Estate Agent · Santa Barbara · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    Room for one more? Keep me posted id love to join!

  • Baird KingPro Member
    Investor · Santa Barbara & Ventura · Member since 2020 · 227 posts · 65 votes
    5y

    Absolutely @Ethan Shultz and @Jason Underwood; would be great to have you.  BP has requested we move the details of the event to the events area. I will set that up this evening or tomorrow and confirm here once ready.

  • Baird KingPro Member
    Investor · Santa Barbara & Ventura · Member since 2020 · 227 posts · 65 votes
    5y

    All - I created an event page for this which you can find here: Santa Barbara Informal Investor Meetup.  Excited to see everyone who can make it.  For those who can't, please follow the event to learn how it went and stay tuned for future events.  If this gets a good turnout, I am happy to keep it going.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

  • Marco FelixPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    @Baird King


    This is exciting. The first official BP Santa Barbara meet-up. Thanks for organizing and putting this together. Kudos! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    Hey guys!

    I spoke with the management at Topa Topa and they "are stoked to host your crew." The meet-up starts at 6 pm on June 17th (Thursday). We will have a sign-in sheet with a chance to win a $25 Topa Topa gift card. Please feel free to invite any friends you have that are interested in the Real Estate industry. I look forward to seeing you guys there! 

    Address: 34 Anacapa St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, United States

  • Allen MarisPro Member
    Investor · Santa Ynez, CA · Member since 2008 · 375 posts · 175 votes
    5y

    Great work getting this together. Sorry I can't make this one, but next time hopefully will work. 

  • Baird KingPro Member
    Investor · Santa Barbara & Ventura · Member since 2020 · 227 posts · 65 votes
    5y

    That's great @Spencer Cole!  Thanks for doing that.  

  • Real Estate Broker · San Pedro, CA · Member since 2016 · 206 posts · 89 votes
    5y

    @Spencer Cole

    I’m interested in any pocket listings for student rentals in Santa Barbara if you have any.

  • Baird KingPro Member
    Investor · Santa Barbara & Ventura · Member since 2020 · 227 posts · 65 votes
    5y

    Hey folks. We had a great turnout at the first meetup last Thursday. Sorry to miss those of you who couldn't make it.  I put the next one on the calendar. Head over to the events forum to check out the info and RSVP. Hope to see many of you again, as well as some of those who couldn't make it last time.

  • Baird KingPro Member
    Investor · Santa Barbara & Ventura · Member since 2020 · 227 posts · 65 votes
    5y

    All - just posted the next SB meetup in the events page (link below). I can't do August unfortunately. Hope to see you all in September!

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.