User Stats

Votes
David Zheng
Pro Member
#4 Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice Contributor
  • Investor
  • Saint Louis, MO
Votes |
Retired at the Age of 28 with a Lambo :)

David Zheng
Pro Member
#4 Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice Contributor
  • Investor
  • Saint Louis, MO
Posted Apr 17 2019, 08:28

Hey BP!

I just wanted to share some super exciting news with you guys! I started Real Estate Investing at the end of Dec, 2015 and joined Bigger Pockets around the same time.  While working a Full Time job as a Wells Fargo MBS Consultant

(among other business ventures), I've grown my portfolio to 36 rental units.

During this time, I also bought myself a house, went on numerous amazing trips, and even purchased a Lamborghini. BUT I was also putting in consistent 85+ hour work weeks and basically driving myself to death. My health and my productivity was suffering heavily as I grew my business.

I originally told myself I was going to exit the rat race by the age of 35. It quickly dropped to 30, but I realized after some big acquisitions last year that if I could expand as much as I did working two careers, how much more could I do if I just focused on REI?

So... I made the jump and after my 5 year anniversary at WF this past Sunday, I submitted my resignation!

Yup! Officially "retired" at the age of 28 :)

I'm super nervous and excited at the same time. Not having a solid W2 and great benefits is definitely daunting, but I can play or work as hard as I want on my own terms now. I'm a very firm believer in getting out what you put in and I just have to trust myself to always do the right things. 

So what's next?

I'm going to let my properties and skill set sustain my passions. I really want to get into the EDM, convention, and Esports industry in some capacity. I'll also be traveling almost every other week for the rest of this year. Of course, I'll continuously be looking at Real estate opportunities around the country and even exploring things outside of residential holdings. I've already looked at some commercial buildings and storage facilities and there's a lot of potential there. But hey... with time, a capital foundation, and some sleep (haha), the sky is the limit!

I'm just excitedly blabbering at this point, but I just wanted to say I can't thank the BP Community enough for all the information and guidance in the past couple years. It has been an amazing journey, and I can't wait to start this new Chapter of my life!

Loading replies...