What happened to the BP App?

Most Popular Reply

Pasadena, CA · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 19 votes
4y

+ 1.  I'm curious as well!

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Michael Breedlove:

    I know I’m late on this…but what happened with the BP app? Few weeks back I realized it wouldn’t open anymore and I thought I needed an update. Now the Apple App Store says the BP app is no longer available. 

    I personally never look at BP on my phone or the app on my phone but i just checked it and its still there it brings up the forum threads maybe BC I already had it ? 

  • Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 14 votes
    4y

    I also couldn't find the BP app. I thought I was losing my mind a bit and wondering if it ever existed in the first place HAH. Perhaps they pulled it back to relaunch it? Curious if anyone else will have input on this....

  • Pasadena, CA · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 19 votes
    4y

    + 1.  I'm curious as well!

  • Metairie, LA · Member since 2016 · 74 posts · 16 votes
    4y

    Glad I’m not the only one! Thought I was going crazy. Ha ha

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y

    @Michael Breedlove

    I’m using the app right now. Most recent blog article is from March. 😂 the good folks at BP have always struggled with Mobile.

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Dropping an anchor here to see any updates to this situation!

  • Washington, PA · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 10 votes
    4y

    Any update?

  • Investor · Youngstown, OH · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    I don't have a need for an app because I prefer to do my internet activities on a bigger screen, but the app struggle has been real for BP since day 1. Hopefully this means they're relaunching a better version. They say they're always looking for talent, so if you're a savvy app designer, definitely reach out to them!

  • Jason SimonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    I was a big user of the BP app. When I purchased a new phone and had to update and reinstall all of my apps the BP app wouldn’t update and wasn’t available in the app store. I wrote to BP customer service and they confirmed that the app doesn’t exist any longer. That said, you can still use the existing app as long as you don’t need to update it. 

  • Metairie, LA · Member since 2016 · 74 posts · 16 votes
    4y

    @Jason Simon thanks for the reply. Yeah, it’s pretty frustrating that it doesn’t work anymore. I also got a new phone and the app wouldn’t install anymore. Hopefully they develop something again soon. 

  • Metairie, LA · Member since 2016 · 74 posts · 16 votes
    4y

    @Nicole Heasley Beitenman that’s a great suggestion. I’m sure there are app designers out there who’d do an amazing job getting a great BP app put together. 

  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    4y

    @Michael Breedlove  @Jay Hinrichs @Kimberly S. @RD Delgado @Max T. @Excellence Carlos @Ben Seitz @Nicole Heasley Beitenman @Jason Simon 

    BiggerPockets has removed the app from app stores. Some users who have the app installed may be able to use it, but updating your phone may result in it not working. There is currently an effort to update the web forums. That should greatly improve the mobile web experience and it creates a back-end platform to help with future app development. In other words, for now use mobile, but the app will likely come back again when it can improved. Bottom line, the app was not meeting BP quality standards in current form. 

  • Metairie, LA · Member since 2016 · 74 posts · 16 votes
    4y

    Thanks for the reply @Joe Splitrock. Hopefully it’s something that can come back soon. 

  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Michael Breedlove:

    Thanks for the reply @Joe Splitrock. Hopefully it’s something that can come back soon. 


     It will not be soon, but the web updates optimized for mobile will be soon. I recommend setting up an app shortcut for the web forums. It looks just like an app and allows fast access on your phone. Not sure if you have iPhone or Android, but here is iPhone instructions:

    1. Navigate to biggerpockets.com/forms on your phone

    2. Click on the share button in the bottom of your browser. On iPhone in Safari, it is a box with an arrow pointing up.

    3. Scroll down until you see an option labeled "Add to Home Screen"

    4. This will add the BP pocket logo to your desktop and it looks just like an app. Click on it and it will open you up directly in the forums. 

    Here is what you select to add a shortcut:

  • Tiamo WrightPro Member
    Denver · Member since 2021 · 148 posts · 126 votes
    1y

    The app is back and we will be continuing to add new features so would love to hear any feedback. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/biggerpockets/id6736392302

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.