Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 103 votes
Hello Investors! Is anyone interested in showing our their cash flowing properties to the BP Community? Our BiggerPockets YouTube team is going to be filming tours of cash flowing properties with real estate investors (Think ‘Deal Deep Dive’ but on camera) in 2023 and we want to feature YOU and YOUR property.
This is a great opportunity to get your name out there to the real estate community and potentially earn a guest spot on one of our podcasts! If you’re interested — or know someone who would be interested, please fill out this form and we’ll reach out to you for next steps!! https://docs.google.com/forms/...
Real Estate Agent · Cleveland OH · Member since 2015 · 213 posts · 275 votes
3y
I have 2 cash cows. Both were purchased right after the 2008 crash. The first came in 2009. It was a duplex in a gentrifying neighborhood Ohio City in Cleveland Ohio. The home was owned by California investors that were attempting to renovate it using a local property manager. I purchased the home for 43,000. They previous owners were unable to get an occupancy permit due to a gas leak. After my purchase I spent a couple days with plumber that identified and corrected the leaks. It has been continuously tenanted since my purchase. My vacancy rates have been so low that I upgraded units during tenant vacations. The 1890 house sitting in the middle of new townhouses selling for 300,000+ is on every investors radar. I get offers to purchase this property for 200,000 or more almost daily. The property was fully depreciated years ago and has appreciated more than 100%. Even with the below market rents that make may tenants never even consider moving my cap rate is 13%. The other property was purchase in 2014 in other gentrifying neighborhood, Tremont/Metro West for 13,000. I was able to do a to the stud renovation using 2% public financing CASH Cleveland Action to Support Housing. After major renovations, this also has been continuously tenanted. I renovated it to be used as an AIRBNB, but elected not to invest the extra time, though it's location near a major hospital with no nearby hotels would make it a hot property. My 10 year loan was paid off early and this one has a cap rate closer to 15%
Property Manager · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 83 posts · 42 votes
3y
I can connect you to someone who owns and manages his on a portfolio of 23 short term rentals here in Georgia. Would you be open to that? If so let me know, and I’ll send you my number via direct message so I can introduce you to him.
Real Estate Agent · Cleveland OH · Member since 2015 · 213 posts · 275 votes
3y
I have 2 cash cows. Both were purchased right after the 2008 crash. The first came in 2009. It was a duplex in a gentrifying neighborhood Ohio City in Cleveland Ohio. The home was owned by California investors that were attempting to renovate it using a local property manager. I purchased the home for 43,000. They previous owners were unable to get an occupancy permit due to a gas leak. After my purchase I spent a couple days with plumber that identified and corrected the leaks. It has been continuously tenanted since my purchase. My vacancy rates have been so low that I upgraded units during tenant vacations. The 1890 house sitting in the middle of new townhouses selling for 300,000+ is on every investors radar. I get offers to purchase this property for 200,000 or more almost daily. The property was fully depreciated years ago and has appreciated more than 100%. Even with the below market rents that make may tenants never even consider moving my cap rate is 13%. The other property was purchase in 2014 in other gentrifying neighborhood, Tremont/Metro West for 13,000. I was able to do a to the stud renovation using 2% public financing CASH Cleveland Action to Support Housing. After major renovations, this also has been continuously tenanted. I renovated it to be used as an AIRBNB, but elected not to invest the extra time, though it's location near a major hospital with no nearby hotels would make it a hot property. My 10 year loan was paid off early and this one has a cap rate closer to 15%
I have 2 cash cows. Both were purchased right after the 2008 crash. The first came in 2009. It was a duplex in a gentrifying neighborhood Ohio City in Cleveland Ohio. The home was owned by California investors that were attempting to renovate it using a local property manager. I purchased the home for 43,000. They previous owners were unable to get an occupancy permit due to a gas leak. After my purchase I spent a couple days with plumber that identified and corrected the leaks. It has been continuously tenanted since my purchase. My vacancy rates have been so low that I upgraded units during tenant vacations. The 1890 house sitting in the middle of new townhouses selling for 300,000+ is on every investors radar. I get offers to purchase this property for 200,000 or more almost daily. The property was fully depreciated years ago and has appreciated more than 100%. Even with the below market rents that make may tenants never even consider moving my cap rate is 13%. The other property was purchase in 2014 in other gentrifying neighborhood, Tremont/Metro West for 13,000. I was able to do a to the stud renovation using 2% public financing CASH Cleveland Action to Support Housing. After major renovations, this also has been continuously tenanted. I renovated it to be used as an AIRBNB, but elected not to invest the extra time, though it's location near a major hospital with no nearby hotels would make it a hot property. My 10 year loan was paid off early and this one has a cap rate closer to 15%
So all in the 1st one all in 50kish? Now you can sell for about 200k on top of the net cap of 13% GREAT JOB. Your example is exactly what I talk about all the time in social media and very few actually believe me lol. There is this guy from CA that keeps on talking negative about my comments and actually called me a Lier, well said I am posting falsehoods, same thing right. Well, I hope he see's your post. All in 50k 12 years ago, and now can sell for 200k GREAT job. Me I made the terrible mistake of not keeping 50 or so of the 500 I flipped from the last 10 years, I know I know Im an idiot! Great discipline on your behalf, ONLY IF I had such discipline, :)
Attorney · Houston, TX · Member since 2022 · 60 posts · 93 votes
3y
I have a multifamily unit. Purchase pre-pandemic. Increase in value by 40% (if I were to cash it out). Another property was purchased pre-foreclosure. Same thing, purchased a few years ago and increased in equity during Covid. Both in Texas.
I can connect you to someone who owns and manages his on a portfolio of 23 short term rentals here in Georgia. Would you be open to that? If so let me know, and I’ll send you my number via direct message so I can introduce you to him.
I have a multifamily unit. Purchase pre-pandemic. Increase in value by 40% (if I were to cash it out). Another property was purchased pre-foreclosure. Same thing, purchased a few years ago and increased in equity during Covid. Both in Texas.
I have 2 cash cows. Both were purchased right after the 2008 crash. The first came in 2009. It was a duplex in a gentrifying neighborhood Ohio City in Cleveland Ohio. The home was owned by California investors that were attempting to renovate it using a local property manager. I purchased the home for 43,000. They previous owners were unable to get an occupancy permit due to a gas leak. After my purchase I spent a couple days with plumber that identified and corrected the leaks. It has been continuously tenanted since my purchase. My vacancy rates have been so low that I upgraded units during tenant vacations. The 1890 house sitting in the middle of new townhouses selling for 300,000+ is on every investors radar. I get offers to purchase this property for 200,000 or more almost daily. The property was fully depreciated years ago and has appreciated more than 100%. Even with the below market rents that make may tenants never even consider moving my cap rate is 13%. The other property was purchase in 2014 in other gentrifying neighborhood, Tremont/Metro West for 13,000. I was able to do a to the stud renovation using 2% public financing CASH Cleveland Action to Support Housing. After major renovations, this also has been continuously tenanted. I renovated it to be used as an AIRBNB, but elected not to invest the extra time, though it's location near a major hospital with no nearby hotels would make it a hot property. My 10 year loan was paid off early and this one has a cap rate closer to 15%
Investor · Tacoma · Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 5 votes
3y
Purchase price $465,000. Sold for value of 1 house. Second house on property hasn't been lived in for 12 years. Second house has been remodeled (foundation repair, new roof, rewire, new plumbing) I'm living in it now and the front house is on rental market for $1,890.00. Property is on 1.8 acres. Short plating Two lots out each 1/2 acre, going for $250,000 each or $500,000 total which will mean two houses mortgage is covered once short plat finishes up and land is sold. Potentially will be developing custom houses on each lot to further increase profits. Located near Tacoma, Wa. PICK ME! PICK ME!
Investor · Tallahassee · Member since 2019 · 249 posts · 93 votes
3y
My first property was a duplex, one unit covered 90% of PITI, converted the other unit to a short term rental and that brings in about $3K a month and most of that is profit.
You Liu you're a smart investor - Tallahassee is a good area. Is it in Nashville? Even better!
Real Estate is still the best way to invest and make your money work for you. Many other areas in the U.S. are finding it's not so easy. It depends on your location. Some people have bought up too many properties turning them all into vacation or short-term rentals and they're finding out it's not a gold mine - if they bought in the wrong location. Unfortunately, they realize this when when the market need drops and it's too late there is a glut in the market place of these type of investments. And now they can't seem to afford to pay their mortgage because there is too much competition out there for all these shot-term rentals. Location, Location, Location we still are a great place to invest here in the Keys. But because the prices are too high right now it's not reasonable. Take this house for sale - it has 6 bedrooms on a canal it's going for $8.9 million. We know the rental history on this particular house and they can't get as much as we do per year. And the Real Estate agent is lying to people telling them (we called on this property to ask questions) they you can make $1,000,000.00 per year. We laughed at this number because we knew they is only a potential not an accurate figure they are currently making. Our cleaning crew some times works there so we know it's not booked enough to make that kind of income. So buyer beware Real Estate agents have been known to lie to get a sale.
This house is not worth it as a rental even if you pay cash. It's what the rental market will bear. You won't be able to recoup to (cover your nut) plus, taxes and flood insurance etc... if you want to finance it and no one is going to rent it for close to $4,000 + per day right now.
Good luck YuLiu you're doing a great job. Be careful markets do you'r homework because even markets in great areas will change.
Hello Investors! Is anyone interested in showing our their cash flowing properties to the BP Community? Our BiggerPockets YouTube team is going to be filming tours of cash flowing properties with real estate investors (Think ‘Deal Deep Dive’ but on camera) in 2023 and we want to feature YOU and YOUR property.
This is a great opportunity to get your name out there to the real estate community and potentially earn a guest spot on one of our podcasts! If you’re interested — or know someone who would be interested, please fill out this form and we’ll reach out to you for next steps!! https://docs.google.com/forms/...
Filled out the google form :-) I'd be happy to share some wins and l's L have with one of my current rentals.
Had as a long term and the tenants trashed the place. Fixed it up for a mid term rental and now generating a 52% COC return.. Gonna get all my money outta the deal in 5ish years... Pretty happy with the overall experience!
Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 4 votes
3y
Form submitted - We massively flipped one of the short term rentals. The other one was a light touch but it's a very unique property on Lake Murray in South Carolina (2 acres, wildlife, dock, private beach, boat launch, two camper hookups). Reach out if you're interested.
Flipper/Rehabber · Tallahassee, FL · Member since 2014 · 462 posts · 237 votes
3y
@Joseph Matsushima we just bought a 9 unit in Tallahassee, fixed it up and it chugs out cash like a steam engine. We also bought a motorlodge/motel in panacea Fl that fires out cash like a cannon….BOOM!
Investor · Member since 2022 · 111 posts · 150 votes
3y
I have a 2br 2.5ba in Denver CO on a 2.25% 15 year mortgage. I purchased it in Nov 2019, refinanced Spring 2021. Purchase price $318,000, currently estimated $425,000. I rent it MTR and this is my first year renting it. I just did the final numbers and barring any disaster over the next 2 weeks I will end up with $606 monthly cashflow this year. Its my first move into real estate, but now I have the bug and am currently preapproved to buy a duplex in Denver looking for a BRRR/House Hack.