BiggerPocket Community, Please watch out crypto currency scammer.

BiggerPocket Community, Please watch out crypto currency scammer.

Twin cities, MN · Member since 2021 · 24 posts · 4 votes

Two months ago, a guy names Wang Ruiqing sent a connection request when I posted a message about how to deal with a headache investment property. He wanted to connect via WhatsApp and promises to purchase the rental home.

He introduced himself as a Chinese businessman who lives in L.A. He persuaded me that I can achieve my financial freedom through cryptocurrency investment. I was so stupid that I trusted him and lost almost 200k. I reported this to BP customer support and send a personal message to his followers of him. But please spread this message and watch out for this man.

0Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    3y

    wow.  can you share any details of how the scam was set up .. so others can look out for it. 

  • Twin cities, MN · Member since 2021 · 24 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    It is hard to share it here. But if someone wants to connect through Whatsapp and saying good opportunity for investment or want to build a romantic relationship, then introduce to cryptocurrency, it is a scam. I am preparing to crowdfund to get public attention to this type of scam and want to share all the stories and images to get the story published. This kind of scammer should not be here in the BP community. Please everyone,  be cautious. I lost my dream to be financially independent because of this scam. I was so stupid.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.