MySmartMove Discount

MySmartMove Discount

Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

I thought BP offers a $5 discount for MySmartMove, but whenever I go to resources and click "Tenant Screening" and hit "Learn More" under the Landlord section, the pricing shows $25 for the basic and +$5 for the additional. This is the same pricing that is offered if you just stumble across their site. Am I missing something?

@Joshua D.

1Reply
47 views

Most Popular Reply

Englewood, CO · Member since 2014 · 101 posts · 44 votes
12y

Hi @J Martin

I'm a representative with TransUnion SmartMove. I apologize for the trouble you've had with the coupon codes. We tested the $5 off coupon and PRO member coupon and both appear to be working. If you continue to have trouble please email us at [email protected] with a good phone number to call you at during business hours and we will contact you directly to help. We can also offer you a refund for the difference you paid without the coupon. Thanks!

See this reply in the discussion

34 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Michael Seeker - Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm enquired regarding the matter and will hopefully know something on Monday.

  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Thanks for the quick response @Joshua D. !!

  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Any update on this @Joshua D. ? I'm still seeing the $25 price point when I navigate through the BP link...

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @Michael Seeker - We're still working on it -- for now, go to our Perks page and you can just get the PRO perk anyway, saving you $10 . . .

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Joshua D. ,

    I had the same experience as @Michael Seeker yesterday and today. I couldn't use the regular $5 off through the perk page, nor could I use the Pro perk, even though I've paid for a Pro membership.

    I double-checked your link for the Pro perk Josh, but the code didn't work. Same one I tried earlier.. Paid an extra $30 in the last 24 hours.. bummer :(

    BGRPKTSPRO10

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    @J. Martin - I just noted to our reps at TransUnion the issue you're having and hopefully we'll have a response shortly. I was told it was working fine days ago.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Thanks @Joshua D.

    I'll have several more in the next week, so I'll be trying again soon..

  • Englewood, CO · Member since 2014 · 101 posts · 44 votes
    12y

    Hi @J Martin

    I'm a representative with TransUnion SmartMove. I apologize for the trouble you've had with the coupon codes. We tested the $5 off coupon and PRO member coupon and both appear to be working. If you continue to have trouble please email us at [email protected] with a good phone number to call you at during business hours and we will contact you directly to help. We can also offer you a refund for the difference you paid without the coupon. Thanks!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    Thanks for hopping in and helping out, @Andrea Collatz 

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Thanks for hopping in so quickly @Joshua D. and @Andrea Collatz to address the issue. I emailed the email address you included, coming from my SmartMove account, with your comment copy and pasted.

    Just so I can make sure I'm doing it correctly in the future, can you post, email, or PM me the Pro code so I can use it successfully in the future please?

    Thank you!

  • Englewood, CO · Member since 2014 · 101 posts · 44 votes
    12y

    Hi @J. Martin

    Yes, we will respond to your email and include the PRO coupon code. Thanks!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    After a bit of a delay on my part, and a few emails with @Andrea Collatz , she told me that the discount would be applied, and refunded shortly, and made a modification to my account so it would work in the future.

    From what I understand now:

    FOR THE DISCOUNT TO WORK,

    You need to have originally registered on smartmove.com through the BP link when you set up your account for the first time. Then use the code.

    If you originally registered through mysmartmove.com without going through the BP link, like I did, the discount code will not work. Although Andrea said she was able to modify that for the future.. Thank you!

    If I'm incorrect on any of this Andrea, feel free to correct me.

    @Joshua D. ,

    Thanks again for jumping in so early on this forum to put Andrea in touch!

  • Englewood, CO · Member since 2014 · 101 posts · 44 votes
    12y

    @J. Martin

    I'm happy we could help!

  • Topeka, KS · Member since 2012 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Does the discount only work if you pay personally. or does the renter get the discount too if the renter pays?

  • Real Estate Investor · Troy, MI · Member since 2014 · 139 posts · 23 votes
    12y

    Ive given up with mysmartmove. Every time I go there, it tells me my password is incorrect even though I called yesterday and had the password reset, just to have the same problem again today. Not worth the aggravation.

  • Englewood, CO · Member since 2014 · 101 posts · 44 votes
    12y

    Hi @DJ Johnson

    Yes, you can give the coupon code to the renter to enter on the payment screen for a discount on their BiggerPockets SmartMove transaction. If you or your renter need any help with the coupon please email us at [email protected].

    @Benjamin Timmins

    I apologize for the trouble you've had with your SmartMove password. If you would like to try again we'd be happy to help you, just send an email to [email protected] with a good number to contact you at and we will call you directly. Thanks!

  • Real Estate Investor · Troy, MI · Member since 2014 · 139 posts · 23 votes
    12y

    @Andrea Collatz Yeah, I dont want to have to do that every time I want to log on.

  • Englewood, CO · Member since 2014 · 101 posts · 44 votes
    12y

    Hi @Benjamin Timmins

    I completely understand, our team can help resolve this issue going forward so you don't have to contact support each time you try to login. Please email us if you change your mind and we'll be happy to help.

  • Rental Property Investor · Northville, MI · Member since 2013 · 263 posts · 183 votes
    12y

    Hi Andrea,

    When I log into biggerpockets.mysmartmove.com to request a criminal report, credit score, recommendation, and full credit score, it's charging me $30, which I don't believe is the discounted Biggerpockets rate. It's definitely higher than the $25 I was paying for TransUnion Smartmove screening earlier this year.  Can you look into this and get back with me?  Thanks.

  • Englewood, CO · Member since 2014 · 101 posts · 44 votes
    12y

    Hi @Ken P. 

    There is a discounted rate at biggerpockets.mysmartmove.com when you use the coupon code listed here:

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/perks. You will see the coupon code when you click the "Save $5" button.

    If you are a Bigger Pockets Pro member you'll receive even more money off your SmartMove transactions. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Northville, MI · Member since 2013 · 263 posts · 183 votes
    12y

    Thank you, that discount code worked and saved $5

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 744 votes
    12y

    @Andrea Collatz,

    When a landlord use SmartMove and request a credit report and criminal search, and the landlord and tenant is in the state of Mississippi how long will it take to get the criminal search back.


    Joe Gore

  • Englewood, CO · Member since 2014 · 101 posts · 44 votes
    12y

    Hi @Account Closed 

    SmartMove criminal results are instant regardless of state. You will see the criminal report as soon as your tenant completes their application. Thanks for your question!

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    12y

    @Andrea Collatz - I think @Account Closed was hinting at limitations to the data in that state; see link:

    http://www.criminal.com/mississippi/

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    we have been pleased with SM.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.