Top 10 Most @ Mentioned People on BiggerPockets

Top 10 Most @ Mentioned People on BiggerPockets

Dave VisayaPro Member
Moderator
Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes

Ever wondered who are the most @ mentioned people in the BiggerPockets Community? With over 300 thousand people, you got to be someone famous (hated or loved) or important to be part of this list!

So if you're ready, here they are:

1. Bill G.

2. Brandon Turner

3. Jason Scott

4. Josh Dorkin 

5. Jon Holdman

6. Jay Hinrichs

7. Joel Owens

8. Ned Carey

9. Karen Margrave

10. K. Marie Poe

For the runner ups: Steve Babiak, Dawn Anastasi, Wayne Brooks, Jon Klaus, and Will Barnard

p.s. Thanks to @JarrettBaugh for providing this list.

BiggerPockets
6Reply
59 views

Most Popular Reply

Karen MargraveBusiness Member
Moderator
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
11y

WOW!! Ok ... so the one thing we all have in common? O.C.D it's a requirement for lots of votes and @mentions, there, it's out! 

 Thanks to all those that @mention me, hopefully it's a good thing and not when I'm in trouble for something! LOL 

@Yasmine Bisumber 2 women out of 10 on the list is actually very good when you look at the sheer number of men that are members in comparison to women! Though, we can ALWAYS use more women on BP posting consistently! 

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Arlington, TX · Member since 2015 · 200 posts · 61 votes
    11y

    I've definitely seen these names around the site. Happy posting! :) I've probably gained some serious insight from each of you - whether in joining or in reading other forum posts or blog posts you've written. 

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    11y

    WOW! I had no idea, really. Thank you to all those that have mentioned me, it's an honor!

    It probably means I'm the most BP, O.C.D. person on here, being on BP is addictive, LOL.

    My daily ritual for over 5 years has been having my morning coffee here with all of you. I begin by answering my mentions, look at each conversation from the votes received, answer my PMs and colleague requests, then move into the forums.It's like Rainman having to see Judge Wapner at 3:00!

    Often, my mentions are just to say thanks, that is very much appreciated, 

    It's a privilege to help others here on BP. Thanks to @Joshua D.    for starting BP and his ongoing leadership in growing this community, giving us this platform of the reality of realty. 

    Thanks @Steve Babiak for the mention, drawing my attention to this thread, you're the go to guy for researching information and straight talk in your domain. 

    I've been hitting the keyboard in the early morning and I'm close by until the early afternoon, best time to catch me and if I don't respond later, I will as appropriate the next morning. Keep on mentioning me, I'll be here! Thanks again. Bill Gulley :)   

  • Investor · Leauge City, TX · Member since 2015 · 44 posts · 11 votes
    11y

    I am sure you will make it @Karen Margrave

  • Queens NY, NY · Member since 2013 · 467 posts · 107 votes
    11y

    Great list!! 

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    11y

    Congrats @Bill Gulley !

    BiggerPockets
  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    11y

    You can't just provide a small smidgen of Data without giving more!  We are a data driven business.  

    Next in Line: Mentions vs Votes, Mentions vs Posts, Mention to Collague Ratio, Post to Vote Ratio, Average Mentions Per Day

    Lets really see who the top dogs are.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Dave Visaya:

    Congrats @Bill Gulley !

     Thank you Dave, and thanks for bringing it up. :)

  • wholesale/assign/whatever · Levittown, NY · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 14 votes
    11y

    I will want to know why they are the top mentioned people, so I will have to check it out for myself. @John Oiticeoitice needs to get comeuppance on this list.  Is there an academy award?  Forget it...he wouldn't take one. @John Oitice knows I am out of place; here in New York and after reading some of my posts  he has spent a tremendous amount of time to help me develope professionally.  He has talked to me about his own personal experiences with regards to investing , he has told me in length factors that I need to take into consideration and has spoken to me about my goals. @John Oitice blows me away. He's a young man, with a young family, but he takes every one of my phone calls and texts. @ johnoitice is extremely bright, clear sighted , wise and incredibly caring. My partner and I traveled for miles over this past Holiday weekend to look at properties and John met up with us and walked us through each property. He drove far and he could have been home with his family. Man gives the award. God gives the reward. Lets consider adding people like John to this list!!

    Cheers,

    Karen H

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    11y

    Hey @Troy Fisher great suggestions! Will note those down for another post. :)

    BiggerPockets
  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    11y

    Another interesting insight would be to know how often one of the top people @'s one of the other top people.  Sphere's of influence and all that.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    11y

    I am honored to be on the list. Thanks to those that think I am worth talking too. 

    Ned

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.