Marketplace Now Searchable By Location

Marketplace Now Searchable By Location

Mindy JensenPro Member
BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes

You've asked to be able to sort the Marketplace out by location. Now you can!

Go to the Marketplace main page and click Add a Filter.

When you add a filter, a window pops up, asking you to Filter by Post Type or Filter by Location. Choose Filter by Location and City, State, Zip Code choices appear:

Enter your information and click Add Search Filter. This filters out everything except the location you just chose. Click Add a Filter again to specify property type.

6Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Karen MargraveBusiness Member
Moderator
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
10y

@Mindy Jensen are they ever going to add a Vacation Rental category? It's such a hot niche, it's a shame not to have a category for VR , Short Term Rental Investors to search, and for sellers to list under. I know I'd get some use from it.  

There's such a wide array of what people use for Vacation Rental Properties, that the current classifications just don't work. For instance, people set up parks with camp trailers, mobile home, cabins, condos, houses, houseboats, etc. 

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Damir KamberPro Member
    Investor · Roswell, GA · Member since 2014 · 234 posts · 97 votes
    10y

    Thank you @Mindy Jensen for sharing such valuable information. 

    Cheers,

    Damir 

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y

    @Mindy Jensen are they ever going to add a Vacation Rental category? It's such a hot niche, it's a shame not to have a category for VR , Short Term Rental Investors to search, and for sellers to list under. I know I'd get some use from it.  

    There's such a wide array of what people use for Vacation Rental Properties, that the current classifications just don't work. For instance, people set up parks with camp trailers, mobile home, cabins, condos, houses, houseboats, etc. 

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y

    @Mindy Jensen

    I know we are a small - soon to be snow-stricken - component of BP, but how would I search/filter the Marketplace for properties in Canada?

  • Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2014 · 615 posts · 172 votes
    10y

    This is great. However, shouldn't you be able to search by both location and types to narrow the results?.  I was able to search for a location but not together with property type as the option only allowed for either location or type. Did I do anything wrong here?

    Thanks for continuous effort to make the BP site awesome :)

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    10y

    @Roy N., we are discussing this. I'll keep you posted.

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    10y

    @Ndy Onyido, you add filters one at a time. After you filter by location, the results appear, and you can add more filters if you need to, by clicking the same Add a Filter button near the top of the listings.

  • Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2014 · 615 posts · 172 votes
    10y

    Thanks, @Mindy Jensen

    I will try that shortly....

    Thanks again

  • Wholesaler · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2014 · 72 posts · 63 votes
    10y

    Thanks, I'm going to jump in and try it.

    I'll give feed back later.

  • Investor, Contractor, Appraiser for Real Estate Appraiser · Lexington, KY · Member since 2015 · 70 posts · 35 votes
    10y

    Hey Mindy that is great info! I have already used it to connect with people in my area. Thanks and have a great evening.

  • St Thomas, Ontario · Member since 2015 · 136 posts · 33 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Karen Margrave:

    @Mindy Jensen are they ever going to add a Vacation Rental category? It's such a hot niche, it's a shame not to have a category for VR , Short Term Rental Investors to search, and for sellers to list under. I know I'd get some use from it.  

    There's such a wide array of what people use for Vacation Rental Properties, that the current classifications just don't work. For instance, people set up parks with camp trailers, mobile home, cabins, condos, houses, houseboats, etc. 

     Echoing this request

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.