Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
If you are a real estate sales professional, you might be here on BiggerPockets to do business with our users. You might be a lender, an agent, a wholesaler, a contractor, or anyone else providing a service to real estate investors.
You might have noticed, BiggerPockets is not a fan of salesy forum posts.
Or private messages.
Or anything else of that nature.
Instead, our platform is built on providing REAL Value to investors - we want expert opinions on our forums, on our blog, and in our community.
The good news here is that IF you can provide value, and do it the right way, and IF you can intelligently adapt your use of BiggerPockets to helping those who might be potential clients, you can do REALLY BIG business on our platform.
And I've spent two years studying how it's done.
If you would like to hear from me, and study successful sales professionals on BiggerPockets, I'd love if you would join me for a webinar coming up later today at 2:00 PM Mountain Time:
"How to Use BiggerPockets to Do More Business and Build Your Brand"
We'll talk about how to target discussions that are relevant to your business, how to find clients that need your assistance, how to appropriately go about building your network, and how to scale to do BIG business down the line.
Realtor · Fresno, CA · Member since 2013 · 471 posts · 225 votes
10y
Sounds great! Bigger Pockets is such a wealth of resources. I have found great success in working with BP members to get together in person and hold regular weekly meetups where we are able to share ideas, discuss deals with each other and partner up on opportunities. It is amazing how many people want to get together and talk about real estate - and so many people who are just starting out that need direction and are looking for a friendly place to learn and connect. Since I started the group, I have met many many investors that I never even knew were in my area and I am able to increase the scope of what I can do for people as I meet new contacts and referral sources - it seems the opportunities start coming out of the woodwork. It also makes for a great conversation talking with people out on the street and inviting them to the meetups - instead of trying to push any services - I invite them to the meetups and let the deals happen organically.
Would love to hear other ways to build your business using BP. I will try to make the webcast.
Investor · Juneau, AK · Member since 2015 · 980 posts · 741 votes
10y
well said, Scott... I like the balanced approach and way you state it here (that Great REI info is the core BP mission and if professionals can adapt reasonable practices in sync with that mission all the better, like answering questions and giving out information, that may also, in turn, help them network and build client relationships..a win win win (for readers, BP, and professionals giving information)
Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 1 vote
10y
Your social circle also matter your real estate building circle. Good way to convince your customer is the best thing to improve your real estate network.
Sorry - can't attend live in that time slot. Can you move it about four hours later in the day to accommodate working folks (the bulk of the BP audience)?
David J Dachtera
"Success is not a destination. Failure is not an event. Success is a process, failure is a choice." - DJ Benedict
I think that's a great idea. I've been toying with different times. The reason that I chose to do this one during the work day is because this is really geared towards those that work full-time in the real estate industry and would like training on how to build their client base.
I'll try to schedule another one in two weeks, and will hold that one after normal work hours (probably 5:00 PM Mountain Time) for those folks that are "part-time" professionals.