Forums based on region or state

8 Replies

Please excuse me if this has been brought up or if there is already a section on this. I promised I searched but couldn't find one on my iPhone app. It would be helpful if there were separate forums based on Region or state. I have conducted keyword searches by typing in Phoenix or Arizona but if there were a dedicated space just for that area it would be so much easier to network and share information with local investors. Is there something like this on here? Where is it? Thanks in advance!

Hi @Julie DiSparti !

I've found that investing in real estate is basically the same all over.

What do you need to know that's region specific?  Are you seeking market information?

Cheers to your success!

Hi @Julie DiSparti

We do have local forums. Here is a link for the Phoenix Forum, and the entire Arizona Forum. In the future, you can find them by going to Forums, Categories, Local Real Estate Networking & Recommendations, then choose one of the 50 states or DC, then choose a specific city.

Or so I thought.

Turns out, you can't actually do this from the apps. I've made a ticket for our developers to add this. 

@Mindy Jensen do we receive alerts from all regions including local areas using our keywords?

@Bevla Reeves , you receive an alert for the specific keyword you enter into https://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts. So if you enter Phoenix, anytime Phoenix is mentioned in the forums, you get a note. Anytime Pheonix is mentioned, you do not. With the new unlimited keywords, and the difficulty of spelling Phoenix, you may want to include both. :)

@Mindy Jensen  Oh, great tip!  I see there are so many post in my region but I don't receive nearly as many alerts for my keywords.  Do we also receive alerts from people who live in the states we select as keywords?

Thanks!

Hello. Also curious as to any followup procedures on this. This site is loooooaaaaaddddddeddd with sooooo much great info. It is the extremely knowledgeable. It would literally take me several lifetimes to get thru the vast enormous library of stuff on this BP site!! Lol 😂😁📱💻📆📚

But being that this is located in Colorado, & say, I'm in Florida, & I would like to narrow down the focus to Florida investment firms, do your moderators or editors or site management teams work State-by-State? Or is it just by bloggers or authors or contributors pouring in the flow of info? 

It seems rather broad. Can we get some progress on narrowing this down a bit??

Most of the moderators will pay some attention to their own geographical area as well as the forum(s) they frequent. So I, for example, will pay attention to the Southeast stuff and most keywords that mention Tennessee or North Carolina, since that is where I live and invest. That said, if you mention the word moderator, it is our own personal Beetlejuice and will bring one of us out of the woodwork :)

Also, keywords won't pay attention to where we live, only what we write. But you can always follow people in your area to get a more personalized experience.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here