How do you currently "save" articles on BiggerPockets?

How do you currently "save" articles on BiggerPockets?

Mindy JensenPro Member
BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes

Hello, fellow BiggerPocketeers!

Recently we asked you what sort of features you'd like to see on BiggerPockets, and a recurring suggestion was a way to save articles, videos, podcast episodes and forum threads so you can find them again later.

So how are you CURRENTLY saving these links? 

1Reply
55 views

Most Popular Reply

Bismarck, ND · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 5 votes
9y

I either print the article out, or book mark it. I would love a way to save an article within my profile, so I could go back and reference it when I had more time.

See this reply in the discussion

38 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y

    @Roy N. well look who just wants everything???

    You can put your colleagues into different lists, and you can put the same person onto a bunch of different lists. I don't believe there is any limit to the number of lists you can create, too.

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    @Mindy Jensen

    My apologies ... I just went back and looked at my notes and my ask was not for the lists/groups, it was the ability to sort my colleagues into those lists/groups from the primary list of Colleagues under my profile by simply hovering over them and selecting an "assign to list" option from the pop-up ... kind of like the "Message" | "Connect" items which appear in the pop-ups when you hover over someones avatar in a forum post.

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 176 posts · 73 votes
    9y
    You could check out the way the Wall Street Journal does it. It allows you to save articles to your own section and you can easily review later. Sometimes I save my current favorite BP articles with an application called Pocket.
  • Rental Property Investor / Construction Manager · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2015 · 201 posts · 103 votes
    9y
    Mindy Jensen I currently use Microsoft one note to place the BP link in there and then I can access it whenever I want. The downside is it it is an application outside of BP
  • North Brunswick, NJ · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    I use an app called Google Keep. It's similar to Evernote, etc. which creates a new "note" with a direct link to the article. You can also take any notes or copy anything from the article you want to make sure to remember to look at any later time. The best part is that it works on all devices, seemlessly (phone/tablet/computer).

  • Real Estate Investor · Miami / Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2013 · 63 posts · 12 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Nicole Evans:

    I either print the article out, or book mark it. I would love a way to save an article within my profile, so I could go back and reference it when I had more time.

    I agree, there should be a feature to save/like/favorite articles within our profiles

  • Real Estate Investor · Miami / Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2013 · 63 posts · 12 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Mindy Jensen:

    Hello, fellow BiggerPocketeers!

    Recently we asked you what sort of features you'd like to see on BiggerPockets, and a recurring suggestion was a way to save articles, videos, podcast episodes and forum threads so you can find them again later.

    So how are you CURRENTLY saving these links? 

     Hi Mindy, will there be a save/like/favorite feature introduced within our profiles anytime soon?

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    8y

    Hi @Diana Duncan, let me check on the status of this feature. (I really want it, too!)

  • Real Estate Investor · Miami / Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2013 · 63 posts · 12 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Mindy Jensen:

    Hi @Diana Duncan, let me check on the status of this feature. (I really want it, too!)

     Thanks Mindy :)

  • Cupertino, CA · Member since 2014 · 59 posts · 22 votes
    8y
    Mindy Jensen - I currently use Evernote clipper extension in Google Chrome to save whatever I like, however, BP should have a feature to SAVE articles within our personal space/scratchpad. Also, I need your help in getting some response back from your support as they are not responding - can you please help?
  • Real Estate Agent · Central Florida · Member since 2013 · 118 posts · 102 votes
    8y
    Mindy Jensen BP has a constant stream of articles going through Twitter (which I love), so I bookmark the ones I want to keep in my Twitter account.
  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    8y

    Hi @Manish A., I'll connect with you via PM.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.