Real Estate Investor · Reston, VA · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 6 votes
I am a newbie to this site. I got a colleague request from someone who is Account Closed. Intially I thought like it is a funny user name but looks like this persons account is closed by BP ( perhaps for violating some rules?? ). Anyway the problem I have is I got a recommendation on a turn key provider from this person and I am not sure if this is just some one shilling on the company's name of if it is a genuine recommendation.
Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 343 posts · 102 votes
8y
@Ron Smith- There are many folks on these forums who get commission from dream merchants based on the recommendations. No matter where and how you are buying, you need to do your due diligence. Read the links for some REI education pretty much true for any market.
Investor · Away · Member since 2017 · 167 posts · 131 votes
8y
@Vivek Khoche has some great advice here but maybe @Ron Smith if you let us know what the name of the turnkey company was and just a general sense of your situation we might be able to tell you if we have had a personal experience with them or even direct you to someone who works for them and can explain the systems they have in place.
If your question has been answered sufficiently then best of luck in your future endeavors and I hope your investment journey goes well!
Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
8y
Well who referred you to the turnkey provider really doesn't matter....just vet the turnkey provider yourself.
Have you looked into the turnkey provider directly? What'd you find? Which market are they in, etc.?
I'm not always a huge fan of people asking about people's experiences with specific turnkey providers on here because for some reason a lot of people tend to chime in who haven't actually worked with that provider so I think it can skew the opinions. And I know a lot of times lots of people have had great experiences but they aren't the ones responding in the post.
You can always ask any of the turnkey folks on here in a direct message too if they know of the provider you were referred to and know anything about them. I'm a turnkey person myself, so feel free to run the name by me and I can tell you if I know anything about them.
I am a newbie to this site. I got a colleague request from someone who is Account Closed. Intially I thought like it is a funny user name but looks like this persons account is closed by BP ( perhaps for violating some rules?? ). Anyway the problem I have is I got a recommendation on a turn key provider from this person and I am not sure if this is just some one shilling on the company's name of if it is a genuine recommendation.
As I always say, make sure to do your own research on the company/market. Make sure they are a legitimate Turnkey provider and not just some agent using the word "turnkey"
Real Estate Investor · Reston, VA · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 6 votes
8y
well, Thanks for all the replies and I am sure I am not going to splurge 50k basing on a advise from a random guy off internet but what bothers me is why does BP allow people with closed account status to still operate? It is known that they for some reason did break the rules and should completely be banned from participating in any part of the website right?
Real Estate Investor · Reston, VA · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 6 votes
8y
can anyone here comment on the first hand experience with Memphis Invest here? I don't see any big flag on them but at the same time the number should they shared with me are not really going to make anyone jump on them. Their portfolio seems to be in 150k plus range with 100-150 $ cash flow.
Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
8y
Ron Smith I visited Memphis invest earlier this year and saw some of their houses and where the operate out of. Their houses and operations are very impressive and Id be very confident in saying you’d have great customer Service with them.
That being said, I’d consider them a premium service, and that’s something you have to pay for. From what I remember seeing id say houses for 150k with them is a bit high. I think more in the 120k range is more likely.
Please note I didn’t end up purchasing from them, but that doesn’t mean they don’t run a great company.
Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss more