Banned for Spamming Today

15 Replies

Ok, I wasn't spamming (I don't even sell anything I could spam) but I was pasting a "hi" message to new members THE SITE RECOMMENDED TO ME. Now I'm banned for spamming and while I'd like to handle this privately I'm blocked from the messaging system. 

@Mindy Jensen

@Brandon Turner

can someone please help.

Hi @Deborah Burian

While  you  do not consider this to be spam, our system does, because it doesn't know how to read. I'm guessing you posted the exact same thing multiple times. (I know you're not a spammer!)

Our system is super sensitive to what it perceives to be spam, and will shut you down. This is to prevent actual spammers from blasting our PM system.

I've lifted your ban. Try to make your messages more personalized to avoid getting blocked again.

You can email [email protected] with any  help you  need, too. 

Originally posted by @Levi Ballard :

@Deborah Burian - maybe you devised this 'spam messaging ploy' for this reason or maybe you did not, but either way, a pretty remarkable way to get a personalized message from @Mindy Jensen ! I think we just found our next talking point in this month's OKC meetup! Kudos to you!

How can I find info on the meetup?

Originally posted by @Deborah Burian :

Ok, I wasn't spamming (I don't even sell anything I could spam) but I was pasting a "hi" message to new members THE SITE RECOMMENDED TO ME. Now I'm banned for spamming and while I'd like to handle this privately I'm blocked from the messaging system. 

@Mindy Jensen

@Brandon Turner

can someone please help.

I've been banned too... it was because the android app is really horrible. I typed up a message in a thread and clicked post. Nothing happened. So I clicked post a couple more times trying to get it to work. Never had any response in the app. Well apparently the app didn't show it, but the next day it was shown that I posted 4 times the same message and then I got banned for that. 

So don't feel bad, happens to us and not really for our fault :)

@Roshan K. We meet the fourth Tuesday of each month. The last few months have been at Milagro's on Classen. We always meet at noon. @Paul Choate sends out the 'invite' each month so you can follow him, or try setting up a keyword with 'OKC' or 'Oklahoma' and it will pop up in your feed.

Originally posted by @Levi Ballard :

@Roshan K. We meet the fourth Tuesday of each month. The last few months have been at Milagro's on Classen. We always meet at noon. @Paul Choate sends out the 'invite' each month so you can follow him, or try setting up a keyword with 'OKC' or 'Oklahoma' and it will pop up in your feed.

Thanks!

I was making replies to messages sent me that resulted in a Ban from messaging.  I did not message anyone that did not message me 1st.  But, had a number of people asking me to reply which resulted into a Ban

I was just banned from sending the same introductory email to 3 members.

I am new to this website- what did I do wrong?

Please advise and help.

Thanks - Jeff. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you