Banned for Spamming Today

Banned for Spamming Today

Deborah BurianPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 412 votes

Ok, I wasn't spamming (I don't even sell anything I could spam) but I was pasting a "hi" message to new members THE SITE RECOMMENDED TO ME. Now I'm banned for spamming and while I'd like to handle this privately I'm blocked from the messaging system. 

@Mindy Jensen

@Brandon Turner

can someone please help.

0Reply
121 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Edmond, OK · Member since 2016 · 78 posts · 86 votes
8y

@Deborah Burian - maybe you devised this 'spam messaging ploy' for this reason or maybe you did not, but either way, a pretty remarkable way to get a personalized message from @Mindy Jensen! I think we just found our next talking point in this month's OKC meetup! Kudos to you!

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    8y

    Hi @Deborah Burian . 

    While  you  do not consider this to be spam, our system does, because it doesn't know how to read. I'm guessing you posted the exact same thing multiple times. (I know you're not a spammer!)

    Our system is super sensitive to what it perceives to be spam, and will shut you down. This is to prevent actual spammers from blasting our PM system.

    I've lifted your ban. Try to make your messages more personalized to avoid getting blocked again.

    You can email [email protected] with any  help you  need, too. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Edmond, OK · Member since 2016 · 78 posts · 86 votes
    8y

    @Deborah Burian - maybe you devised this 'spam messaging ploy' for this reason or maybe you did not, but either way, a pretty remarkable way to get a personalized message from @Mindy Jensen! I think we just found our next talking point in this month's OKC meetup! Kudos to you!

  • Deborah BurianPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 412 votes
    8y

    @Levi Ballard - you figured it out, I'm busted!  

  • Roshan K.Pro Member
    Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2017 · 258 posts · 215 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Levi Ballard:

    @Deborah Burian - maybe you devised this 'spam messaging ploy' for this reason or maybe you did not, but either way, a pretty remarkable way to get a personalized message from @Mindy Jensen! I think we just found our next talking point in this month's OKC meetup! Kudos to you!

     How can I find info on the meetup?

  • Roshan K.Pro Member
    Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2017 · 258 posts · 215 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Deborah Burian:

    Ok, I wasn't spamming (I don't even sell anything I could spam) but I was pasting a "hi" message to new members THE SITE RECOMMENDED TO ME. Now I'm banned for spamming and while I'd like to handle this privately I'm blocked from the messaging system. 

    @Mindy Jensen

    @Brandon Turner

    can someone please help.

    I've been banned too... it was because the android app is really horrible. I typed up a message in a thread and clicked post. Nothing happened. So I clicked post a couple more times trying to get it to work. Never had any response in the app. Well apparently the app didn't show it, but the next day it was shown that I posted 4 times the same message and then I got banned for that. 

    So don't feel bad, happens to us and not really for our fault :)

  • Rental Property Investor · Edmond, OK · Member since 2016 · 78 posts · 86 votes
    8y

    @Roshan K. We meet the fourth Tuesday of each month. The last few months have been at Milagro's on Classen. We always meet at noon. @Paul Choate sends out the 'invite' each month so you can follow him, or try setting up a keyword with 'OKC' or 'Oklahoma' and it will pop up in your feed.

  • Roshan K.Pro Member
    Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2017 · 258 posts · 215 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Levi Ballard:

    @Roshan K. We meet the fourth Tuesday of each month. The last few months have been at Milagro's on Classen. We always meet at noon. @Paul Choate sends out the 'invite' each month so you can follow him, or try setting up a keyword with 'OKC' or 'Oklahoma' and it will pop up in your feed.

     Thanks!

  • Investor · Indian Trail, NC · Member since 2018 · 63 posts · 33 votes
    7y

    @Mindy Jensen the same thing just happened to me!  I was simply reaching out to people in a thread and introducing myself and now I'm banned....can you please help? 

  • Umar JavaidPro Member
    BiggerPockets Support · São Paulo, São Paulo · Member since 2015 · 548 posts · 79 votes
    7y

    @David Sussman

    I've PMd you already.

    BiggerPockets
  • Investor · Douglasville, GA · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    the same thing just happened to me! I was simply reaching out to people in a thread and introducing myself and now I'm banned....can you please help?

  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Kaneem Curvey

    You can now access your messages. Please make sure not to copy/paste your messages and you should be good. 

    BiggerPockets
  • Property Manager · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 195 votes
    6y

    I was making replies to messages sent me that resulted in a Ban from messaging.  I did not message anyone that did not message me 1st.  But, had a number of people asking me to reply which resulted into a Ban

  • Rental Property Investor · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    I was just banned from sending the same introductory email to 3 members.

    I am new to this website- what did I do wrong?

    Please advise and help.

    Thanks - Jeff. 

  • Trexie E.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Support · Davao, Davao del Sur · Member since 2015 · 937 posts · 163 votes
    6y

    @Jeff Landers Kindly check my message. Thanks!

    BiggerPockets
  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    Hello,

    I contacted the only six wholesalers in my area as my first outreach on this website and now I have been banned from messaging. Is there any way I can get this lifted? 

    Thank you. 

  • Member since 2025 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Hi @Mindy Jensen

    I had the same issue as  @Deborah Burian. I greeted the first 3 people that I received post replies from by saying "Appreciate your insight!" and i was banned. Could I request the same assistance as Deborah?

    Thank you so much!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.