Need a contact for deed of Mississippi

Need a contact for deed of Mississippi

Specialist · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2012 · 865 posts · 351 votes

I have a house in Mississippi that I am needing to sell. It needs some updates. Whereas it needs updating I think it may be better to sell it on a land contract. I understand that there are land contracts in Mississippi where if the buyer stops paying that the contract turns into a rental and the seller could reclaim the property without having to go through a costly foreclosure. Does anyone have knowledge of where I could find a user friendly contact for deed that is Mississippi compliant?

0Reply
7 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 769 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    I have a house in Mississippi that I am needing to sell. It needs some updates. Whereas it needs updating I think it may be better to sell it on a land contract. I understand that there are land contracts in Mississippi where if the buyer stops paying that the contract turns into a rental and the seller could reclaim the property without having to go through a costly foreclosure. Does anyone have knowledge of where I could find a user friendly contact for deed that is Mississippi compliant?

     So you are using the land contract agreement as basically a 'rent-to-own' deal? 

  • Specialist · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2012 · 865 posts · 351 votes
    8y

    No it will be thier house. I just want to get it back only if they stop paying. There are many cases where the buyers paid for the full term and then owned a property. I plan on using a note servicing company as well to protect both parties . If the buyer keeps their end of the deal it is thier house. This would be permanent financing for the buyer unlike a rent to own.

  • Brandon, MS · Member since 2017 · 40 posts · 26 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed Where is your house in MS, how much work does it need, and what terms are you offering for the note?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.