BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
Due to popular demand, we just launched the BiggerPockets Hard Money Lenders Directory!
This directory is intended to both help our users find the best hard money lender for their needs and to help lenders promote themselves amongst our vast user-base of 60,000+ members and close to 200,000 monthly unique visitors.
Investors: Please let those hard money lenders that you work with know about the new directory.
Hard Money Lenders: For a limited time, we will be offering a position on the directory for the discounted price of only $50/month. This limited offer will expire soon, so we encourage you to sign up today before rates climb to the going rate of $100/month.
Directory Testimonial: :clap:
As a hard money lender, there are plenty of lists we can pay to be on. However, none ask for license information, referrals, and Better Businesses Bureau ratings. And many don’t distinguish the types of loans we do properly.
I truly appreciate the opportunity to prove our professionalism, funding capability, and share references to the largest network of professional real estate investors. Thank you BiggerPockets for taking a leap and creating another first." - Aaron Norris of The Norris Group
Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
15y
Have you given any thought to having a similar service for small, regional banks or lenders in general for conforming loans? I know many on BP would love to have those resources too.
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
15y
David -
Good question!
There is a link in our TOOLS dropdown in the main navigation menu for Hard Money Lenders, and you can find links on our resources page and many other pages on the site.
We've got our first listings and have commitments for several others to come shortly. I expect the list to be very well populated in the coming weeks.
Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
15y
Have you given any thought to having a similar service for small, regional banks or lenders in general for conforming loans? I know many on BP would love to have those resources too.
Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
15y
Brian Alexy (sp?) posted a blog post about small regional banks and there were a ton of comments on it. The blog post spawned a thread about locating small, regional bank brokers. There really hasn't been a quality response to meeting this need so I am guessing that there really isn't a good resource for this out there.
The Scottsman's Guide is the only competing resource of any scale that I know of. You may get some ideas from there if you plan to upgrade the service going forward. I'm not sure how the services compare, but it may be something worth checking out.
General Contractor · Greenville, PA · Member since 2009 · 50 posts · 0 votes
15y
I think this is a great idea! It is so hard to connect with real hard money lenders today! I hope this will help people make connections and make some more deals happen! Thanks!
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
15y
Here's a status update:
We've got 2 lenders on the directory and I've got commitments from another 6 who will be signing up shortly. We're continuing to spread the word to lenders about the directory and I hope that all of you will do the same.
Here are some numbers to think about . . . the directory has been visited by almost 800 unique individuals in less than 3 days, and we've done no real outside promotion. The 2 listings on the directory have been visited several hundred times already.
Sometimes, the early bird gets the worm, and that is definitely the case here.
We've only begun to strategically market this thing, and it is going to get serious once we start using our newsletter and outside channels to get the word out.
I'll keep you all posted as things develop with this and other products that we're working on.