BP Update 6.32 - Invite Your Facebook Friends to Join BiggerPockets

BP Update 6.32 - Invite Your Facebook Friends to Join BiggerPockets

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes

In our last update, we told you about your new abilities to check for your Facebook friends who are on BiggerPockets.com and connect to them: BP Update 6.31 - Find Your Facebook Friends Who are on BiggerPockets

Once you do that, you can now invite those Facebook friends who are not currently on BiggerPockets with our new Facebook Invite functionality. Simply click on the link that says Invite Facebook Friends (get there through our Connections link in the Account dropdown) and you'll be able to send an invitation to all those people that you want to join you here on BP.

All users that you invite will be credited (the people who invite the most members are highlighted on our stats page, and we will soon be adding this data to your profile to track those people you've invited.

We hope that you'll build your network here on BiggerPockets and help us build the strongest community of real estate investors and real estate professionals online!

0Reply
12 views

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    Guys -
    Please help test this out by inviting your Facebook friends. If there are any issues, please let me know. We believe that this is working properly. I doubt we'll find issues, but if there are, we'll fix them as soon as you tell us about them!

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    Only lets me invite 50 at a time?

    All 50 I was allowed to do were sent. Lets see what kind of conversion rate I have :)

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    Nick - I wasn't aware of the limit of 50 invites, but I've confirmed it. You may be able to invite more people right now or you may have to wait until tomorrow. Maybe you can check so we have a better idea?

    BTW - Thanks for sending these out . . . I have a feeling that you'll soon be passing me as the top inviter on the site.

  • Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2011 · 294 posts · 152 votes
    15y

    Yes, you can send another batch of 50 request after you send the initial 50.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    Thanks for the head's up, Stinson.

    Please continue to keep me in the loop as you guys explore this feature.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    Question, I went to add more people but can't remember who all I invited the first time.

    Is there a way to know who's been invited or not. Like maybe after the first 50 invites, they don't show up on the 2nd go round?

  • Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2011 · 294 posts · 152 votes
    15y

    I sent out request to all of my FB friends (700+). Is there a way to track the conversion rate? I'm interested to find out how many of those people are on BP.com or join BP.com.

    Thanks

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    Stinson - You can see who is already on BiggerPockets with this link:
    http://www.biggerpockets.com/facebook/friends

    Keep in mind, if they have an account here, but haven't linked BP to FB, they won't show up there.

    Maybe if you check now and then again once you give it some time, we'll get a good idea of the success ratio.

    I'm VERY curious to see what the numbers look like.

    Thanks for the continued support!

  • Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2011 · 294 posts · 152 votes
    15y

    "Sorry, none of your Facebook friends are on BiggerPockets that you can be colleagues with. You are already connected to 6 of your Facebook friends on BiggerPockets."

    We will see if that number changes...

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    Sure thing . . . if you can, I'd be curious to hear what their thoughts are. Would you be open to sending a FB PM to one or two of them to be sure they saw it and to potentially get feedback on the message?

    If we can improve it, I'm all about it.

  • Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2011 · 294 posts · 152 votes
    15y

    I sent out a few PM's to get you some feedback... I'll keep you posted.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing the community grow as a result of the new Facebook invites -- more dealmaking, knowledge sharing, etc for everyone sounds pretty good!

  • Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2011 · 294 posts · 152 votes
    15y

    Sorry, none of your Facebook friends are on BiggerPockets that you can be colleagues with. You are already connected to 8 of your Facebook friends on BiggerPockets.

    Looks like 2 people have signed up.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    15y

    Alright! I'm glad to see that it's working!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.