Happy Birthday: BiggerPockets is 8 Years Old - Monday, October 22, 2012!

Happy Birthday: BiggerPockets is 8 Years Old - Monday, October 22, 2012!

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes

Today, Monday, October 22, 2012, we celebrate our 8th birthday! It is hard to believe that is has been so long.

I've written many posts in the past months about many of our milestones, so I feel like there's no need to rehash, but I did want to make sure to share this wonderful moment with everyone.

Whether you're a lurker, a new member, or one of the long-time site contributors, we'd love to hear what the site has meant to you and your business.

Please share your stories with us!

Happy Birthday BiggerPockets!

0Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
13y

Happy Birthday, BP! I haven't been too active here over the past couple of months, but have been active in the rest of my life. 4 out of my last 6 transactions since July have been directly BiggerPockets related. You are the one making me so busy, Josh. Thank you!

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    Happy Birthday, BP! I haven't been too active here over the past couple of months, but have been active in the rest of my life. 4 out of my last 6 transactions since July have been directly BiggerPockets related. You are the one making me so busy, Josh. Thank you!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    Thanks Jon K.! I'm ecstatic to hear that you're doing so well, and that BiggerPockets has played such a big role. That's great news! Keep it up.

  • Investor · Columbus , OH · Member since 2010 · 311 posts · 51 votes
    13y

    Congratulations Josh!
    BP is a great part of my story as an investor, when I joined BP I did not even know the meaning of REO. LOL!!!!
    BP is like my second bible and I also met my mentor on BP.
    I use smartmove for screening my tenants. I use the analysis spread sheet to analyze deals.
    Kudos to you and all the great people that contributes on the site. I sincerely appreciate you!
    Tracey.

  • Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    In eight years this site has really become a solid source of information and a fantastic place to meet real estate investors with varying skill levels.

    I look forward to what this site will become over the next 8 years.

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    What is that...first or second grade? BP is a great tool for everyone interested in real estate and I look forward to see it improve as time goes on and who knows how many people this community has benefited over those 8 years. Congrats!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    Tracey Williams - I love it. It is great to hear how BP has become such an important part of your investing. Thanks for letting us know!

    Charles Perkins - You and me both! Thanks for the message.

    James Vermillion - The number is a vast one, that's all I know! Thanks for the message and for continuing to play an important role in the community.

  • Specialist · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2012 · 462 posts · 294 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Joshua Dorkin:
    On Monday, October 22, 2012, we're going to be celebrating our 8th birthday! It is hard to believe that is has been so long.

    Whether you're a lurker, a new member, or one of the long-time site contributors, we'd love to hear what the site has meant to you and your business. Please share your stories with us!

    I am a newbie to this site, however I wish a site like this existed in the mid 90's - I believe this site by far is second to none. Investors, Realtors, or anyone interested in real estate can definitely learn a thing or two scrolling through this site.

    Bigger Pockets by far rivals the local book store and other areas of the internet with its vast wealth of knowledge. This is a friendly community with members who care about one another's progress. From sharing stories of hardship and failures to creative roads to success. To deny this site and what it represents would only deny the heart of the real estate business across this country and its participants such as man or woman or partner or newbie or veteran or both buyer & seller - We now have a community that we can share, vent, rant, learn, educate, etc... Most importantly, be each other's support system.

    Thanks BP folk and thank you Joshua for doing what you do.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    Henry M. - That's one of the nicest comments I've read in a long time. I really appreciate your thoughts and am honored that you think so highly of this place! We're happy to have you and look forward to your being a part of this community for many years to come!

  • Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Happy Happy Birthday! I'm quick to tell anyone who'll listen that the BP family holds all the real estate wisdom anyone would ever need. I like the low commercialism and active participation of the members and Mr. Dorkin.

    Business-wise, I'm was amazed how a mention in the newsletter sent a tidal wave of traffic to my site. Josh is the Oprah Winfrey of real estate forums! I'm now a full blown Kool Aid drinker.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    Al Williamson - Not only do I help with real estate, but I help you find your feelings too ;)

    Thanks for the message, Al. I've never been compared to Oprah before . . . awesome! As many before you have learned, by staying active here on the site and providing value to your peers, you can build a pretty good business (and site traffic).

  • Rental Property Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2009 · 624 posts · 559 votes
    13y

    Josh,

    Happy Birthday to your baby!

    Bigger Pockets is now the online standard that others can only hope to copy.

    Stay true to your vision... as you are changing the lives of tens of thousands of people... one post at a time.

    Pete

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2012 · 58 posts · 31 votes
    13y

    Joshua Dorkin Congrats! What an amazing community you have built. I've learned a ton and hopefully can really start giving back now. BP is a "safe" place to be a real estate investor!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    Peter Giardini - Thanks for dropping in man! It is guys like you that make this place a special one. I'm honored to have you as part of the community and look forward to many more years of online interaction with you. Thanks for everything!

    Jilliene H. - Thank you very much for the message. Its great that even new members like you have found so much value here . . . wait until you really start to engage and connect on our forums and elsewhere on the site. You'll really start to see the benefits that come with being active on the site.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    I'm very proud of you and your efforts Joshua Dorkin. You've done an amazing job so far and we all know you'll continue to improve and impress.

    Happy birthday to BP, the BP Nation and this safe and informative community we all know and love.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    Thanks Nick J. - I appreciate the message, testimonial and birthday wishes!

  • Rehabber / Flipper · Simi Valley, CA · Member since 2010 · 597 posts · 259 votes
    13y

    Congratulations, Josh, and Happy Birthday, BP!

  • Investor · Union, NJ · Member since 2011 · 838 posts · 295 votes
    13y

    Congrats Josh and BiggerPockets!

    This site has definitely become an infectious disease! Just when you think you read everything interesting BAM and whole new set of posts spring up keeping me interested and learning more.

    I think learning though other peoples mistakes and or experiences is one of the greatest tools there is. There is no other site that has the wealth of knowledge and real hands on experience that BiggerPockets provides to it's members!

    Great job Josh!!

    Chris

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    Congrat Josh on the success of Biggerpockets! I know your dedication and perseverance will be rewarded beyond imagination in the years ahead.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    13y

    Happy Birthday!

    I have to say that the thread title looks like somebody had a broken calendar, because it reads Monday October 21, 2012, and today is Monday October 22, 2012 ...

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Steve Babiak:
    Happy Birthday!

    I have to say that the thread title looks like somebody had a broken calendar, because it reads Monday October 21, 2012, and today is Monday October 22, 2012 ...

    I noticed that as well Steve Babiak and it looks like Josh edited the original post after he posted it but could not change the thread title. He must have been so excited he forgot his own baby's birthday momentarily.

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    13y

    I thought that Josh and moderators have the magical privileges needed to change the title; I've seen quite a few titles changed over time (including the "Buyer's List" sticky in the wholesaling forum).

  • Real Estate Investor · CA · Member since 2009 · 174 posts · 39 votes
    13y

    Hey Josh-You really deserve a big pat on the back for how you have guided BP. Hugh membership came because of all the services you provided and now along with that comes responsibility to the members who depend on you. My best regards. Foster

  • Specialist · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2011 · 698 posts · 629 votes
    13y

    Josh congratulations on the success and anniversary of BiggerPockets. A valuable resource for real estate investing!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    Mike G. - Nice to see you Mike, and thanks for the message.

    Chris Masons - I agree with everything other than the disease part ;) Infectious, absolutely.

    Karen M. - Thank you so much for the message and for being a part of this great community!

    Steve Babiak - I'm actually feeling pretty sick today . . . that was my bad.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    James Vermillion - I suppose we can chalk it up to excitement as well . . .

    F Foster - I agree, and that's why I do everything in my power to best serve those users. Thanks for the message!

    Jerry K. - Thank you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.