Anyone Interested in a (pitch free) webinar?

Anyone Interested in a (pitch free) webinar?

Brandon TurnerPro Member
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes

Hey ya'll - and especially newbies on the site. Just wondering if there is any interest in attending an educational webinar to discuss real estate?

I'm thinking maybe a "How to get the most out of BP" or "how to analyze a property" or "how to buy your first investment" or something. Thoughts?

4Reply
142 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2013 · 415 posts · 84 votes
13y

Doesnt matter what the topic. I am down!

The way I see it is any new information dealing with RE is a benefit to know to be able to use in everyday life. It would just make yourself a more well-rounded investor IMO.

Let me know when :)

See this reply in the discussion

35 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Landlord · Syracuse, NY · Member since 2011 · 120 posts · 96 votes
    13y

    Sounds great! I'd love to attend one on "How to buy your first property" and I think a lot of other newbies would, too.

  • Property Manager · Louisville, KY · Member since 2013 · 309 posts · 115 votes
    13y

    I'd probably try to sit in on a "How to get the most out of BP". I'd love it if you could put it on Youtube. That way if I can't sit in live I could still watch it.

  • Massapequa Park, NY · Member since 2012 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    Sounds great Brandon, I'd be very interested.

  • Zephyrhills, FL · Member since 2012 · 30 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Newb me will be interested :-)

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    13y

    Brandon, I tried to put this together a few years ago and we had interest but then lack of follow through. We do have many more members now opposed to then, so perhaps another attempt at it may work.

  • Investor · Northridge, CA · Member since 2012 · 249 posts · 73 votes
    13y

    I would absolutely love to see something like this, especially a "how to analyze a property". I think a webinar would be the best way to show the process, especially since it involves jumping back and forth to different websites/excel files. A webinar would enable showing things that a podcast might not be able to do

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    13y

    Sounds like fun!

  • Real Estate Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2009 · 171 posts · 46 votes
    13y

    I would attend. Sounds like a great idea.

  • Wholesaler · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2012 · 259 posts · 147 votes
    13y

    Agreed with Zaid. A webinar on how to analyze a property would be really helpful. Maybe use a couple of real-world and hypothetical examples. It'd be good to see the different analysis techniques between a rental vs. a flip.

  • Investor · McKinney, TX · Member since 2012 · 588 posts · 224 votes
    13y

    +1 for "how to analyze a property" and anything related to things like that.

    I'd also suggest archiving them so people can play them later if they miss the original airing.

  • Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2013 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    I would absolutely be interested! Particularly in how to analyze a property and purchasing your first investment.

  • Property Manager · Lombard, IL · Member since 2013 · 99 posts · 82 votes
    13y

    Yes, would be interested.

  • Investor and Architect · Ramsey, NJ · Member since 2010 · 305 posts · 84 votes
    13y

    Yes. Do it.

  • Real Estate Investor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2011 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Sounds like a great idea! I'm in.

  • Professional · Orange, TX · Member since 2013 · 26 posts · 3 votes
    13y

    That sounds like a wonderful idea!

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    I would be there!

  • Investor · Merrillville, IN · Member since 2009 · 252 posts · 104 votes
    13y

    I definitely would be interested in this webinar Brandon!!!!

  • New Orleans, LA · Member since 2013 · 16 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    What the price and where is going to be... and get me a ticket!

  • Rehabber · Niantic, CT · Member since 2012 · 443 posts · 150 votes
    13y

    Count me in as well, great idea! I like the suggestion of slides. If you're talking about analyzing a property, this could include pix, for example - what an experienced investor sees when walking through rooms. What tips you off to a bad furnace, a bad roof, what should you look for on the electrical panel, what are all those wires hanging from the basement ceiling, etc etc etc. Before and after's could be pretty informative as well.

    I'm always interested in topics related to raising money, also. An overview of some of the most well-used scenarios would be great, as well as an explanation of terminology - what is an equity partnership, say, versus an arrangement where money is pooled together, a la Reg D (and what in the world is Reg D? haha).

    And I agree that archived versions would be great for those who can't make it live.

    The possibilities are endless. Go for it!

  • Mars, PA · Member since 2013 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Look forward to it!

  • Real Estate Investor · Squaw Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 101 posts · 17 votes
    13y

    Heck yes, if it will be anything like your blogs, I am already so excited!!!! You always have the most interesting ways to explain things and make it fun. Looking forward to it friend!!!!

  • Real Estate Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2013 · 415 posts · 84 votes
    13y

    Doesnt matter what the topic. I am down!

    The way I see it is any new information dealing with RE is a benefit to know to be able to use in everyday life. It would just make yourself a more well-rounded investor IMO.

    Let me know when :)

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    13y

    I'm in

    Hopefully there be replays
    ( I work at night , fyi )

    analyze properties
    sub2
    knowing good deals versus run the other way

    how to present deals to other investors via wholesaling
    ( spreadsheets , photos , details )

    how talk and work with realtors

    what working now
    putting together an affect team ( realtors , virtual assistances, etc )

    positives & negatives of using OPM (hard money lender / private $)

    Heck I personally already like the weekly biggerpockets podcast

  • Wholesaler · Cottage Grove, MN · Member since 2013 · 87 posts · 14 votes
    13y

    Count me in. Great idea!

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    I think it would be a fantastic idea! I know there are always questions about Where to start, Types of financing, Deal analysis, Business strategies, etc. I love the Podcasts, but always wish we could actually "see" the interview. It would probably put BP through the roof if the webinard can be viewed on Youtube!! Can't wait.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.