Investor · Lititz, PA · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 3 votes
I have a small mobile home park that I am looking at purchasing. The current owner has a tenant that went to the hospital and during the course of events was deemed unable to care for themselves and make decisions. They have a relative that has taken over her affairs. This person is not paying the lot rent and has stopped talking to the park owner entirely. What is the best way to proceed with removing the home legally if I was to buy the park? The home is owned outright by the tenant. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
What are the contract/lease terms on the lot? That should dictate your actions. If it doesn’t you need to do a thorough review of the contract.
Subject to past due non payment, check with your local city or county attorney about either having it towed away or auctioning it.
@Ben Wenger: I looked into towing costs a few years back and they wanted a couple of thousand dollars. Then of course, you need a place to tow it to and pay storage. If it's in decent shape, just have the owner sign the title over to you for the cost of the arrears. Then rent it out.
Investor · Lititz, PA · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 3 votes
4y
@Henry Clark I just started talks with the park owner about purchasing the park so I haven't seen the leases yet. Will ask for a copy of the lease. Thank you
What are the contract/lease terms on the lot? That should dictate your actions. If it doesn’t you need to do a thorough review of the contract.
Subject to past due non payment, check with your local city or county attorney about either having it towed away or auctioning it.
@Ben Wenger: I looked into towing costs a few years back and they wanted a couple of thousand dollars. Then of course, you need a place to tow it to and pay storage. If it's in decent shape, just have the owner sign the title over to you for the cost of the arrears. Then rent it out.