Looking to Jump into MHP Investing/Education

Looking to Jump into MHP Investing/Education

Member since 2023 · 54 posts · 14 votes

Morning all,

I have recently stumbled upon investing in mobile home parks, and wanted to post a forum to see what the best direction for educating myself on this asset class is? I know it is a niche area of REI, and figured that there would be no better place than BP to meet and learn from any investors who have had success in this area. I would appreciate any advice on entering this space, as well as any educational content that may be out there. I have considered purchasing the MHU course, but wanted to reach out and see what suggestions anyone had.

Thank you and I'm excited to get educated in this space!

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
2y

@Frank Rolfe's Mobile Home Park Bootcamp is the gold standard!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    @Frank Rolfe's Mobile Home Park Bootcamp is the gold standard!

  • Member since 2023 · 54 posts · 14 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jordan Moorhead:

    @Frank Rolfe's Mobile Home Park Bootcamp is the gold standard!


    That's what I have been reading and seems like a consensus great pick from other resources. Thanks for your feedback Jordan!
  • Member since 2020 · 34 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    where do you find property managers for a mobile home park? Regular property managers for single houses and condos may not be willing to take them.

    I don't want to self manage either.

    Do the tenants have a higher rate of default than condos and single homes?

  • Member since 2023 · 178 posts · 122 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Josh Haney:
    Quote from @Jordan Moorhead:

    @Frank Rolfe's Mobile Home Park Bootcamp is the gold standard!


    That's what I have been reading and seems like a consensus great pick from other resources. Thanks for your feedback Jordan!

     Josh,

    I would concur that Frank Rolfe's MHU is certainly the go to resource for learning but to be honest I pulled more knowledge and insights from his forum page.  The members of that community are amazing and a wealth of knowledge.  Frank certainly is too but over the last several years has fallen into a lot of derogatory and politicized commentary and just plain hate speech against journalists, politicians, tenants, affordable housing groups and just about anyone who doesn't line up exactly to what he wants the mobile home industry to be.  He has a serious God Complex and just because he says something- doesn't make it so.  

    I am not denying his knowledge, experience and success.  Just bear in mind he has a very specific private equity investing mind set.  

  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Zehua Zhou:

    where do you find property managers for a mobile home park? Regular property managers for single houses and condos may not be willing to take them.

    I don't want to self manage either.

    Do the tenants have a higher rate of default than condos and single homes?


     Most people build their own management companies or self manage as PM are hard to find for MHP. We manage our own with the help of an on site manager.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.