how do i find mobile home parks in my area

how do i find mobile home parks in my area

Investor · Chino Hills, CA · Member since 2009 · 95 posts · 12 votes

would be nice to just know where the park are in any area is there a web site or some thing Thanks Rob

0Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Jim JohnsonPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2008 · 355 posts · 324 votes
16y
Originally posted by Rob Smith:
would be nice to just know where the park are in any area is there a web site or some thing Thanks Rob


Rob,
There are several options. There are some web sites that post lists of mobile home parks, though the lists are about 60% complete. The best way to find all of the parks would be to go to the county assessors office and ask for a list. Most will give you the list for free, some charge for a copy. I always travel with a docupen and can scan a page at a moments notice if I get some good data in front of my nose.
For thoes that do not know what the docupen is... here is the link...
http://planon.com/
I have the full color unit, with a 2 gig expansion card giving me hundreds of pages of storage... really more in the thousands of pages.
See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jim JohnsonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2008 · 355 posts · 324 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Rob Smith:
    would be nice to just know where the park are in any area is there a web site or some thing Thanks Rob


    Rob,
    There are several options. There are some web sites that post lists of mobile home parks, though the lists are about 60% complete. The best way to find all of the parks would be to go to the county assessors office and ask for a list. Most will give you the list for free, some charge for a copy. I always travel with a docupen and can scan a page at a moments notice if I get some good data in front of my nose.
    For thoes that do not know what the docupen is... here is the link...
    http://planon.com/
    I have the full color unit, with a 2 gig expansion card giving me hundreds of pages of storage... really more in the thousands of pages.
  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2008 · 257 posts · 58 votes
    16y

    County Assessor,

    Be sure to check that list, Here in Houston it comes by Land Use Code.

    I was exited when I got my list, then I found out 90% of the list was not MH parks at all.

    Either way it is a good place to start.

    I also just Google, Porter, TX Mobile Home Parks.

    You can find a good list to start that way.

  • Mobile Home Investor · Spanaway, WA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 578 votes
    16y

    If looking for MHPs for sale - check these sites:

    www.mobilehomeparkstore.com
    www.marcusmillichap.com
    www.loopnet.com

    Good Luck - hope these help you in your quest.

    www.mhvillage.com has listings of MHPs by city/State.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.