Looking to connect with MHP investors in Texas

Looking to connect with MHP investors in Texas

Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 9 votes

Hello!  I am in the researching/knowledge gathering phase and have been reading and listening to podcasts about MHP investing.  I would love to connect with someone who has invested in MHP's in my area.  Thanks in advance for responding to this newbie!

1Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Mc Kinney, TX · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 2 votes
8y
Hi Victoria! My husband and I are newbies, as well, hoping to purchase a MHP in 2018. We live in McKinney, Texas— a Dallas suburb. I’m attending the boot camp in Orlando this weekend (the Texas boot camp is much later this year!). Would love to connect!
See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Friendswood, TX · Member since 2010 · 663 posts · 508 votes
    8y

    February 7th is TexCO in League  City.  I would recommend this event highly if you are interested in the mobile home park space.   Here is a link to info on the event: 

    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/texco18-houston-park-...

    Tickets are limited so book sooner if possible ( not my event but went last year and found it to be worthwhile.  


    RICH club https://richclub.org   has monthly meetup for mobile home investors.  I sometimes go but its usually mobile home investors but you get park operators occasionally but its good to know about the homes and how to move them in etc .  So i would def check that out. 

    Read anything Frank and Dave , check out the BP forums and mobilehomeuniversity.com forums.  

    Decent book: https://www.amazon.com/Park-Place-Tony-Ferris-eboo...

    Decent book: https://www.amazon.com/Trailer-Cash-Low-Income-Hou...

    Podcast Park Street Partners (mobile home investors)  , Mobile Home Mastery, Mobile Home Park Investing . 


    That should get you a pretty good start.  I always like to recommend REIAs and there are several around Houston ( just know some are looking to promote, charge big fees etc) .  

    Jet Lending puts on the craziest real estate meetup I've ever seen ( more of a party but there is a lot of promotion but people go there) .  


    That should be a really good start. 

    Sending a message as well.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    Thanks @Account Closed!  I've been lurking on the mobilehomeuniversity.com forums for a couple of months.  I will definitely check out the event in League City on Feb. 7th.

  • Mc Kinney, TX · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    Hi Victoria! My husband and I are newbies, as well, hoping to purchase a MHP in 2018. We live in McKinney, Texas— a Dallas suburb. I’m attending the boot camp in Orlando this weekend (the Texas boot camp is much later this year!). Would love to connect!
  • Investor · New Braunfels, TX · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    @Victoria Weiss I was in a very similar spot to you a few months ago. Listening to podcasts, reading forums, etc... Finally got active, now me and my partner have our first park under contract and are looking to make an offer on another this month. I don't know if you are doing this solo or have a partner, but partnering up definitely made me more comfortable taking that first step. I also got the opportunity to grab a cup of coffee with @Account Closed which was very valuable to meet someone actively doing the things I was learning about. If you ever get the chance to pick his brain I recommend it. I plan on attending the event Jack referenced, if you will be going let me know. 

  • Mike ReynoldsPro Member
    construction · Nacogdoches, TX · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Victoria Weiss I am in the process of working out a deal on one now. Its my first one so we'll see how it goes. 

    @Kenny Stanley Love the area you are in. Didnt see that many MHP over that way. I didnt travel that far out in the country though. There was a nice smaller one in Creekside but it wasnt for sale. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Friendswood, TX · Member since 2010 · 663 posts · 508 votes
    8y

    @Kenny Stanley  Thats great to hear!! You guys are superstars. Id love to hear more about the deal you have under contract and the other one you are looking at .   Ill look forward to seeing you at the event and eager to hear  how you guys are doing.  Im going to have to throw it into high gear so i don't get caught in the dust by you guys as you scale.  Thats really great to hear Kenny! Congrats

  • Rental Property Investor · Friendswood, TX · Member since 2010 · 663 posts · 508 votes
    8y

    @Mike Reynolds  Saw your comment about a park not being for sale. I'll let you in on a little secret. They are ALL for sale.  The trick is figuring out how to be able to buy them , preferably at a reasonable valuation.   Great to see someone else in the general area looking to get into the park space .

  • Longview, TX · Member since 2017 · 65 posts · 50 votes
    8y
    I may have to check out that event as well. I'm not exclusively considering MH's, but definitely not excluding them either. Thanks for sharing.
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    @Erin Rader That's awesome that you're attending the Orlando boot camp!  My husband and I are going to the one in New Orleans in April.  Also, we will be at the Texco event in Feb.  I would love to chat further.  Shoot me a pm with your numner.

    @Kenny Stanley Congrats!  I used to live in Austin and the NB area is great.  I can 100% see how partnering up made the first step easier.  I am definitely not opposed to a partnership if the right person comes along.  You're right, @Account Closed  Congrats to you too!  Good luck on your first deal!

    Do ya'll have full time jobs at this time?  My husband and I both do, though my husband's is more flexible.

  • Investor · New Braunfels, TX · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    8y
  • Mike ReynoldsPro Member
    construction · Nacogdoches, TX · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    @Mike Reynolds  Saw your comment about a park not being for sale. I'll let you in on a little secret. They are ALL for sale.  The trick is figuring out how to be able to buy them , preferably at a reasonable valuation.   Great to see someone else in the general area looking to get into the park space .

    LOL, I like that one. The problem I am running against is they think they are worth more than I do. But law of averages will win in the end. 

  • Pearland, TX · Member since 2017 · 67 posts · 21 votes
    8y

    I would like to piggyback on this thread to connect with MHP investors as well. I have title to 10 mobile home trailers that I am offering for sale. I have reached out to various mobile home parks, but so far no luck, as the majority of them are at full capacity. 

    I would like to sell the entire set as a package for a very minimal price. I thought it made sense to reach out to mobile home parks, since I figured owners/investors can resale or rent them back out for some good cash flow. Are there other parties that I should consider reaching out to?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.