Just starting out in real estate investing

Just starting out in real estate investing

Rental Property Investor · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 2 votes

I am brand new to the real estate world . Looking to invest in mobile home parks. Any advice would be appreciated!

0Reply
20 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 24 votes
    7y

    @Danielle Clark My advice would be read listen and watch everything you can get your hands on.  Mobile Home University and Mobile Home Park Academy are great places to start.  I would also search for books/articles on investing in parks and devour those.  Once you feel you are starting to get a grasp on things jump on line and look at listings.  Begin underwriting them and getting a feel for the process.  Depending on your background and experience you can then start actively making offers or looking for partners that have a complimentary skill set.  Best way to learn is getting out there and doing it but make sure you educate yourself first to minimize the mistakes you will make.  Best of luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Jim Tassoni thank you I appreciate that . I’ve been reading lots of books, listening to podcasts and watching YouTube videos . I was leaning toward apartment buildings but I’m starting to redirect my interest into mobile home parks . If I am able to find an investment opportunity just owning a park and not the actual homes I think I would be better off . Less of a hassle but still the opportunity to make a nice cash flow . But I am definitely still trying to find other ways to educate myself before just jumping into the market!

  • Anna CatronPro Member
    Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2017 · 206 posts · 87 votes
    7y

    I'm enjoying the NEW INVESTOR'S GUIDE TO OWNING A MOBILE HOME PARK, by Laura Cochran. It's 2013, but it's nice to hear a superwoman's voice (audible)! I'm hoping to take the plunge soon also!  We'll see who closes on an MHP first! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.