• Denver, CO
Votes |
The Federal Government, Manufactured Housing, Tiny Homes, RV's

Jim Johnson
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
Posted Dec 13 2019, 10:09

I have noted for a long time now that many Tiny Homes are not legal to live in full time. HUD made that somewhat clear in the past, but is making it more clear now. Regardless if your a fan of tiny homes, or not, these new rules will have impact. I live in Denver and the City has been building a 'Tiny Home Village' for the homeless. To be clear- not all Tiny Homes are created equal. Some are built to HUD specifications and they will not be impacted. Others though... The cool homes we see built out of shipping containers- are they HUD approved? I am not here to provide lots of facts but to open a discussion- Who does this help? Who does it hurt? Why does it matter? Should it matter? If the Federal Government says it can not be lived in full time, who reports on this stuff? Will zoning and regulations need to be adjusted to assure compliance? Who is held liable? Can I bounce between a RV and a tiny house legally? Can I live full time on my Boat that is not HUD approved? Geesh- my mind goes WILD with questions...

https://offgridsurvival.com/federalgovernment-outlaw-tiny-homes/

Loading replies...