New to Real Estate · Clearwater, FL · Member since 2022 · 21 posts · 6 votes
I'm looking for assistance with purchasing an airbnb, and would like someone who knows all about airbnbs. Figured it's easier to ask on here where I can get someone who already is in the know about airbnb. I'm wanting to go the route of condo's considering most of Florida seems to have tight regulations depending on where your buying. For the post part I would like to purchase a property closer to the water. Areas of highest interest are clearwater beach as well as surrounding areas , Miami Beach, Orlando within proximity to Disney world. Those are my main areas that appear to have good a good return on investment. If you are an agent, or know one that could fit what I'm looking for please let me know thank!
Real Estate Agent · Miramar Beach, FL · Member since 2016 · 285 posts · 245 votes
3y
@William Doyle I work as a Realtor up in the FL Panhandle, but also self-manage two Airbnbs in that market. I know a very solid agent down in the Tampa area that can help you find what you need. He sells a lot of real estate in FL and understands Airbnbs as he owns some himself. He was my agent on my properties and helped steer me in the right direction when I was first getting started. Let me know if you'd like me to connect you!
Property Manager · Kissimmee, FL · Member since 2019 · 446 posts · 266 votes
3y
We are property managers in Orlando and happy to connect you with investor-friendly agents in the area. We don't recommend condos in MOST of the Disney/Orlando area because the market is oversaturated and you will be competing with 1000's of hotel rooms. If you're looking for a smaller unit, you will want to focus your search on a townhouse with a minimum of 4-5 bedrooms and a pool to get decent rates. The Orlando STR market is focused on families and you want to make sure your home can accommodate multiple family members or groups of friends. Have fun with your search and don't hesitate to reach out!
Real Estate Agent · Miramar Beach, FL · Member since 2016 · 285 posts · 245 votes
3y
@William Doyle I work as a Realtor up in the FL Panhandle, but also self-manage two Airbnbs in that market. I know a very solid agent down in the Tampa area that can help you find what you need. He sells a lot of real estate in FL and understands Airbnbs as he owns some himself. He was my agent on my properties and helped steer me in the right direction when I was first getting started. Let me know if you'd like me to connect you!
Lender · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 797 votes
3y
Hello @William Doyle, fellow local to the Tampa Bay area. If you are looking to purchase in Clearwater and surorunding areas, I suggest reaching out to @Nicole Shaw. She has assisted quite a few of my clients with purchasing STR in the area along with taking care of the property management as well and is a wealth of information.
If you are looking to purchase in Miami Beach in locations which STR are allowed, I suggest speaking to @Malgorzata Sadowska. She is a true expert and can provide you with lots of information to make an informed decision.
@William Doyle I work as a Realtor up in the FL Panhandle, but also self-manage two Airbnbs in that market. I know a very solid agent down in the Tampa area that can help you find what you need. He sells a lot of real estate in FL and understands Airbnbs as he owns some himself. He was my agent on my properties and helped steer me in the right direction when I was first getting started. Let me know if you'd like me to connect you!
Real Estate Agent · Miami, FL · Member since 2022 · 238 posts · 102 votes
3y
Hi William, our investor-friendly team have helped many out-of-state as well as local investors with finding great STR and hold investments in Tampa. Would be happy to hop on a call and discuss strategies and options.
@William Doyle I work as a Realtor up in the FL Panhandle, but also self-manage two Airbnbs in that market. I know a very solid agent down in the Tampa area that can help you find what you need. He sells a lot of real estate in FL and understands Airbnbs as he owns some himself. He was my agent on my properties and helped steer me in the right direction when I was first getting started. Let me know if you'd like me to connect you!
I would recommend staying away from condos, lots have restrictions and if they don't already, their HOA can spring up STR restrictions with little notice and it could crush your cash flow.
Look for agents that align with your interest. Interview a few and see what is a good fit for your STR aspirations. The agent you choose should be an investor themselves because they are going to have the rolodex of plumbers, cleaners, lawn care, etc. that are reputable and low cost. If you are not self managing, make sure to see if they can provide you with plenty of referrals of STR hosts that are cost effective and have superhost status.
You’ve chosen some great areas! Good luck. Please reach out if I can answer any additional questions.
Real Estate Agent · The Short Term Shop / Florida Emerald and Forgotten Coasts · Member since 2022 · 217 posts · 126 votes
3y
@William Doyle
Shoot me an IM- If you're open to it, I will connect you with STR Specific Realtors - it's what we do and we have three of us that are amazing in the Orlando market!
I would recommend staying away from condos, lots have restrictions and if they don't already, their HOA can spring up STR restrictions with little notice and it could crush your cash flow.
Look for agents that align with your interest. Interview a few and see what is a good fit for your STR aspirations. The agent you choose should be an investor themselves because they are going to have the rolodex of plumbers, cleaners, lawn care, etc. that are reputable and low cost. If you are not self managing, make sure to see if they can provide you with plenty of referrals of STR hosts that are cost effective and have superhost status.
You’ve chosen some great areas! Good luck. Please reach out if I can answer any additional questions.
Thanks for the information, and will be sure to reach out if something comes up!
If you are looking in the Tampa area I would reach out to @Josh Green. He has helped several of my clients purchase STR's in the surrounding area's and is an investor himself. I don't think I know any other realtor who has more on site contacts than him!
Question? Do you have financing arranged? I have a property listed for sale now that is a great cash flow generator, in the right location, and built to hurricane standards. It has a price tag near $2M. The reason I share this with you is that there has been a lot of interest in it - from both in-state and out-of-state buyers - but they are finding that the financing for these properties has disappeared. I made inquiries to a couple of my go-to sources and one said they had no market interest in those loans and another said that it would only do those for established clients and the rate would not be soooo good. A realtor is a great start but don't waste any time in getting financing together. The Fed is not bashful about it's November rate hike being between another .75 to even 1.25. Also, the season has started. Our properties are booked. That makes it hard to walk a property and most owners like to sell off-season for obvious reasons. Best...
Yes I used the same lender I bought my house with, and refinanced with. I had to do a dscr loan with them, but that's what I have to do to get into an investment property. So financing isn't going to be an issue as well I won't be buying anything near that expensive. I'm not worried about the hike since I'm doing airbnb. Looking for the longterm roi so I'll buy get the money then refinance down the line when it lowers. Appreciate the information though !
Real Estate Agent · Ft. Lauderdale & Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 46 posts · 63 votes
3y
Hello William and welcome to the STR world here in FL! I'm a realtor and own 3 STRs here in Ft Lauderdale and Miami (South Florida area) If you have ever been curious/interested in these areas, I would love to connect and help you out with your search as well as a STR investor myself.
Real Estate Agent · Miami, FL · Member since 2019 · 64 posts · 31 votes
3y
Hi William!
I haven't seen anyone from Miami respond to your post so I thought I would offer some assistance if this is the area you are interested in. There are some condos that allow STR here in Miami. I also own an STR myself so I can guide you with the setup if needed. Feel free to reach out.