I am exploring both short and long term investment as an out of states investor and trying to understand between Cleveland and Columbus OH.
I have been learning these two markets are appreciating and have a good cashflow.
As I am new to these two markets, I would like to learn which markets are providing a reasonable cashflow while up potential of appreciation for next few years.
between these two markets, which ones are suggested?
also, I am exploring different funding options including HELOC, HEL, etc.
Given current rates are quite high and sticky, how do you recommend to utilize these funding options? Ideally, I would like to minimize the time window to pay off the loan which will be used in funding.
any kind of insights you could share will be greatly appreciated.
I am exploring both short and long term investment as an out of states investor and trying to understand between Cleveland and Columbus OH.
I have been learning these two markets are appreciating and have a good cashflow.
As I am new to these two markets, I would like to learn which markets are providing a reasonable cashflow while up potential of appreciation for next few years.
between these two markets, which ones are suggested?
also, I am exploring different funding options including HELOC, HEL, etc.
Given current rates are quite high and sticky, how do you recommend to utilize these funding options? Ideally, I would like to minimize the time window to pay off the loan which will be used in funding.
any kind of insights you could share will be greatly appreciated.
thank you!
I like Columbus over Cleveland, it's more forgiving and stable. The appreciation is greater. The rent demand is stronger. If you can stomach short term lower cash flow and HODL, you'll be very happy. Dayton is a great option similar to Cleveland as well. The Point of Sales and govt. in CLE can be tough to navigate. The minimal appreciation is not forgiving and if you make the wrong buy then you will without a doubt lose money.
I am exploring both short and long term investment as an out of states investor and trying to understand between Cleveland and Columbus OH.
I have been learning these two markets are appreciating and have a good cashflow.
As I am new to these two markets, I would like to learn which markets are providing a reasonable cashflow while up potential of appreciation for next few years.
between these two markets, which ones are suggested?
also, I am exploring different funding options including HELOC, HEL, etc.
Given current rates are quite high and sticky, how do you recommend to utilize these funding options? Ideally, I would like to minimize the time window to pay off the loan which will be used in funding.
any kind of insights you could share will be greatly appreciated.
thank you!
I just posted in another forum you can get cash flow and appreciation in columbus and I posted a few charts that show appreciation in columbus vs Cleveland (actually a downtrend in the last bit)
I am exploring both short and long term investment as an out of states investor and trying to understand between Cleveland and Columbus OH.
I have been learning these two markets are appreciating and have a good cashflow.
As I am new to these two markets, I would like to learn which markets are providing a reasonable cashflow while up potential of appreciation for next few years.
between these two markets, which ones are suggested?
also, I am exploring different funding options including HELOC, HEL, etc.
Given current rates are quite high and sticky, how do you recommend to utilize these funding options? Ideally, I would like to minimize the time window to pay off the loan which will be used in funding.
any kind of insights you could share will be greatly appreciated.
thank you!
either of the two markets, Cleveland or Columbus, can do that
Property Manager 路 Cleveland, OH 路 Member since 2023 路 108 posts 路 96 votes
2y
Hi Jin, Cleveland is great for cashflow! I actually read a catchy BP article the other day: We Ranked Every NFL Team's Real Estate Market and Found the Best Cash Flow Opportunities (biggerpockets.com). Cleveland is ranked #1. This and many other articles will show you the cashflow potential in Cleveland. Be sure to establish a team first with boots on the ground, as there are areas in Cleveland you will want to stay away from. I would be happy to connect to discuss further about the Cleveland market!
Contractor 路 Columbus, OH 路 Member since 2017 路 85 posts 路 83 votes
2y
Great Questions and it looks like your getting great advice from others. If we can help with any General Contracting specific questions please let us know.
I am exploring both short and long term investment as an out of states investor and trying to understand between Cleveland and Columbus OH.
I have been learning these two markets are appreciating and have a good cashflow.
As I am new to these two markets, I would like to learn which markets are providing a reasonable cashflow while up potential of appreciation for next few years.
between these two markets, which ones are suggested?
also, I am exploring different funding options including HELOC, HEL, etc.
Given current rates are quite high and sticky, how do you recommend to utilize these funding options? Ideally, I would like to minimize the time window to pay off the loan which will be used in funding.
any kind of insights you could share will be greatly appreciated.
thank you!
Hi Jin, I personally love Columbus Ohio and as someone who works with a lot of out of state investors - there's so many catalysts for why you should invest here. Specifically, there's job growth (Intel, Honda, Amazon, Nationwide, etc) and the population is growing (unlike Cleveland or Cincy). I really see Columbus Ohio as an extremely safe bet for the next 10-20 years. Plus, there's still so many positive cash flowing and 1% deals here in Columbus Ohio. As a local investor and agent here in Columbus, let me know if you have any questions or want to connect!
I am exploring both short and long term investment as an out of states investor and trying to understand between Cleveland and Columbus OH.
I have been learning these two markets are appreciating and have a good cashflow.
As I am new to these two markets, I would like to learn which markets are providing a reasonable cashflow while up potential of appreciation for next few years.
between these two markets, which ones are suggested?
also, I am exploring different funding options including HELOC, HEL, etc.
Given current rates are quite high and sticky, how do you recommend to utilize these funding options? Ideally, I would like to minimize the time window to pay off the loan which will be used in funding.
any kind of insights you could share will be greatly appreciated.
thank you!
Hey Jin Mook! While both cities have their perks, I must say, Columbus has my heart. 馃槉
Columbus, Ohio is a fantastic choice for investors for a number of reasons. Firstly, it's a booming city with a growing population and an influx of job opportunities from major players like Intel, Honda, Amazon, Nationwide, and more. This means your investment is poised for growth and stability.
In terms of investments, Columbus still offers positive cash flow deals and great appreciation potential. The housing market here is steady and strong, making it a reliable choice for investors looking for both short-term and long-term gains.
As a local investor and agent deeply involved in Columbus, I'm confident that this city will continue to thrive for the next decade or more. If you want to know more or have specific questions about Columbus, feel free to reach out anytime! Let's connect and I can share more insights.
I am exploring both short and long term investment as an out of states investor and trying to understand between Cleveland and Columbus OH.
I have been learning these two markets are appreciating and have a good cashflow.
As I am new to these two markets, I would like to learn which markets are providing a reasonable cashflow while up potential of appreciation for next few years.
between these two markets, which ones are suggested?
also, I am exploring different funding options including HELOC, HEL, etc.
Given current rates are quite high and sticky, how do you recommend to utilize these funding options? Ideally, I would like to minimize the time window to pay off the loan which will be used in funding.
any kind of insights you could share will be greatly appreciated.
thank you!
I like Columbus over Cleveland, it's more forgiving and stable. The appreciation is greater. The rent demand is stronger. If you can stomach short term lower cash flow and HODL, you'll be very happy. Dayton is a great option similar to Cleveland as well. The Point of Sales and govt. in CLE can be tough to navigate. The minimal appreciation is not forgiving and if you make the wrong buy then you will without a doubt lose money.
Real Estate Agent 路 Columbus & Cleveland, OH 路 Member since 2023 路 1k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
2y
As Mark said, if you can be patient and hold out for long-term gains, you will not regret investing in a high appreciation market like Columbus. Cashflow is great but shouldn't be the main factor if you're trying to build long-term wealth.
I am exploring both short and long term investment as an out of states investor and trying to understand between Cleveland and Columbus OH.
I have been learning these two markets are appreciating and have a good cashflow.
As I am new to these two markets, I would like to learn which markets are providing a reasonable cashflow while up potential of appreciation for next few years.
between these two markets, which ones are suggested?
also, I am exploring different funding options including HELOC, HEL, etc.
Given current rates are quite high and sticky, how do you recommend to utilize these funding options? Ideally, I would like to minimize the time window to pay off the loan which will be used in funding.
any kind of insights you could share will be greatly appreciated.
thank you!
Both are good options. You'll find lower-priced homes in Cleveland that will typically cash flow better, and you can typically expect higher appreciation in Columbus. I would also put higher consideration into the market where you can build the best team.
Real Estate Broker 路 Indianapolis, IN 路 Member since 2018 路 160 posts 路 168 votes
2y
Have you considered Indianapolis? That market is often in the same conversation as the OH cities you are currently looking in. Based on the criteria you listed, I think our market may be perfect for you. There are both short and long term opportunities, and I feel our market has a better chance of solid appreciation vs the OH markets.
I'd be happy to chat with you further about the market and available opportunities. I have been working with remote investors for over 15 years and I've been one myself for over a decade.
Real Estate Agent 路 St. Louis, MO 路 Member since 2017 路 77 posts 路 68 votes
2y
Hi Jin!
I would second the Central Indiana market.
My company does full service property management as well assisting with purchases so we have a ton of great insight and knowledge we would be happy to share.
I also have several fantastic lender recommendations with some unique products that may be of interest.