Blacktip Construction Group / Jeff Beach / Scam Artist

Blacktip Construction Group / Jeff Beach / Scam Artist

Investor · Nevada City, CA · Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 28 votes

I thought to open a new thread about Blacktip Construction Group who has taken peoples deposits. Many people were recommended to Blacktip Construction by RTR and SWFL Advisors. More of more people have been bringing up the fact that Jeff Beach has taken money from them. There was a investment that was advertised by RTR and SWFL Advisors and they referred us over to Blacktip Construction Group. We were told to buy lots and then sign contracts to build with Blacktip. Jeff Beach the owner has taken deposits for over 2 years from clients. He is known not to answer his phone, rarely respond to email and has multiple litigation's against him. If you have had problems or been a victim of his company this would be a great opportunity to share your story and come together. He took 56k from us, justified it and only pulled permits.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffery-beach-3bbbb1170/

https://twitter.com/jeffbeach75?lang=en

https://blacktipgroup.com/

https://www.fastpeoplesearch.com/name/jeffery-beach_fort-mye...

https://www.facebook.com/blacktipconstruction/

1Reply
653 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 8 votes
2y

@Jay Hinrichs I am in the same boat as Kyle. I made a $40k build deposit (first deposit on 10/2022) and we have yet to break ground - or even finalize permitting. The land was a separate all cash purchase.

On top of that- I call GC and email every week. I get a response about every other month- always with false promises, and never direct answers.

Do you have any advice for how to handle situation? Is it possible to transfer a contract to another builder? Thanks

See this reply in the discussion

41 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y

    curious.

    the 56k includes what?  the price of the lot and the permits ?

    I built some new construction up in Ocala area and it was uber frustrating as well getting permits my GC I hired though finished the projects although it took way longer ( not his fault) So for us it was not a great investment we made a little return but nothing that was commiserate with the risk.

    I think this is an issue with FLA  with the uber growth going on  etc.

    However lack of communications from your GC / builder I agree frustrating and can be a killer to the GC's reputation.. I wonder if he bit off more than he can chew.

    Its been a tough road last 3 years or so.. I built about 70 homes in Oregon during this time and its been a challenge.. Of course my buyers are ALL owner occ's so different product and different buyer but probably more demanding than the investment buyer who is buying a basic rental house. We are doing custom to semi custom and those things are tough.. I hope it all works out for you guys with this GC.

    As we know there is only so much your RE agents can do about this .. I bet they are pounding on this guy hard to. 

  • Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 8 votes
    2y

    @Jay Hinrichs I am in the same boat as Kyle. I made a $40k build deposit (first deposit on 10/2022) and we have yet to break ground - or even finalize permitting. The land was a separate all cash purchase.

    On top of that- I call GC and email every week. I get a response about every other month- always with false promises, and never direct answers.

    Do you have any advice for how to handle situation? Is it possible to transfer a contract to another builder? Thanks

  • Member since 2024 · 25 posts · 32 votes
    2y

    Just to give you an update.

    This week, a judgment was issued against Blacktp Construction Group in Lee County, Florida, for over $33k payable to a local stucco company. In Lee County Florida alone, they now have 26 lawsuits filed.

    Also, in Harris County, Texas, a garnishment order was issued against Blacktip and various other parties for their Bank of Ozarks bank accounts. So this would explain why new payment requests are on a Chase Bank account.

    Remember to get releases of liens from all vendors and subcontractors before making payments. Liens are being filed regularly against Blacktip-involved properties. Also, now that garnishments are being filed, any money Blacktip receives could end up going to somebody unrelated to your project, resulting in more liens for you.

    Protect yourself.

  • Investor · Nevada City, CA · Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 28 votes
    2y
    Since making this post I've received over a dozen messages from people dealing with the same issues with Blacktip Contruction. I'm thinking we should open a Whatsapp group to stay in touch?
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2y

    Lots of posts about people running with money etc and ghosting people here on BP

    While some deals have gone bad- one thing that is sticking out with those who ghost are their experience

    Looking at this persons LinkedIn profile they started around 2020 (while having real estate background but not running a company) - this is a similar theme with many of the others.

    Too late for many but lessons learned for the future

    Hopefully everyone in this case can recover their monies

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:

    Lots of posts about people running with money etc and ghosting people here on BP

    While some deals have gone bad- one thing that is sticking out with those who ghost are their experience

    Looking at this persons LinkedIn profile they started around 2020 (while having real estate background but not running a company) - this is a similar theme with many of the others.

    Too late for many but lessons learned for the future

    Hopefully everyone in this case can recover their monies


    what I find kind of amazing is how they got 40k deposits out of folks up front to the company itself. I know on my new builds that are 700 to 1 mil I get 10 to 20k and normally its just held in escrow. it is non refundable once we start putting in custom colors etc. So for folks to fork over 40k on a rental house I dont get that. to me its big time FOMO especially in SW FLA were there are literally hundreds of thousands of vacant parcels that can be bought on any day.
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:

    Lots of posts about people running with money etc and ghosting people here on BP

    While some deals have gone bad- one thing that is sticking out with those who ghost are their experience

    Looking at this persons LinkedIn profile they started around 2020 (while having real estate background but not running a company) - this is a similar theme with many of the others.

    Too late for many but lessons learned for the future

    Hopefully everyone in this case can recover their monies


    what I find kind of amazing is how they got 40k deposits out of folks up front to the company itself. I know on my new builds that are 700 to 1 mil I get 10 to 20k and normally its just held in escrow. it is non refundable once we start putting in custom colors etc. So for folks to fork over 40k on a rental house I dont get that. to me its big time FOMO especially in SW FLA were there are literally hundreds of thousands of vacant parcels that can be bought on any day.
    $250-$500 worth of an attorney could have saved people $40,000.
    7e investments53 Reviews
  • V.G JasonPro Member
    Investor · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:

    Lots of posts about people running with money etc and ghosting people here on BP

    While some deals have gone bad- one thing that is sticking out with those who ghost are their experience

    Looking at this persons LinkedIn profile they started around 2020 (while having real estate background but not running a company) - this is a similar theme with many of the others.

    Too late for many but lessons learned for the future

    Hopefully everyone in this case can recover their monies


    what I find kind of amazing is how they got 40k deposits out of folks up front to the company itself. I know on my new builds that are 700 to 1 mil I get 10 to 20k and normally its just held in escrow. it is non refundable once we start putting in custom colors etc. So for folks to fork over 40k on a rental house I dont get that. to me its big time FOMO especially in SW FLA were there are literally hundreds of thousands of vacant parcels that can be bought on any day.
    In early to mid 2022s, the FOMO was high. Just predatory to act on such feelings, and the fact RTR was behind it gave more confidence. Just like this nonsense and self promoted stuff:


    “Matthew Seyoum, Investment Strategist at RTR has provided exceptional support throughout my journey from searching for a rental property to closing the deal. For my first property, the appraisal came in $25,000 lower than expected, which initially concerned me.


    However, Matthew reminded me of my long-term investment objective and assured me that the property would appreciate, given the strong real estate market in Alabama. Tomorrow, I will close on this property, and I have another property set to close at the end of the month.
    Thank you, Matthew, for your unwavering support at each step!


    Thank you, RTR, for providing excellent and valuable services from start to finish, making it easy for out-of-state investors to own income-producing rental properties.”


    Forget folks swimming naked when the tide gets pulled, the sharks now need to put on blast. 
  • Jeff TumbarelloPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 323 votes
    2y

    This issue is about to be forefront, as many such groups are on the same trajectory. 

  • Lender · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 372 posts · 172 votes
    2y

    Tip of the iceberg, unfortunately.  Many folks got way too big for their britches.  I know of a guy that has at least 90 liens in a neighboring county to Mecklenburg County(Charlotte MSA).  He has 40 in another.

    Greed....

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Paul Sofia:

    Tip of the iceberg, unfortunately.  Many folks got way too big for their britches.  I know of a guy that has at least 90 liens in a neighboring county to Mecklenburg County(Charlotte MSA).  He has 40 in another.

    Greed....


    the only remedy without paying is for the senior lender to foreclose all those liens out .  then ( at least in Oregon) contractor would sue lot owner for unjust enrichment.. and lot owner ends up paying double for many of the trades.. I know it happened to me in 2011 and I took over the project to build my way out of it and thats how I got into building homes .. Since i was the lender with teh most risk I just went ahead and took the builder role as well..  now 5 subdivisions later and about 300 new builds Its a nice combination short term lending like we do and long term building.
  • Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Kyle Wegg:
    Since making this post I've received over a dozen messages from people dealing with the same issues with Blacktip Contruction. I'm thinking we should open a Whatsapp group to stay in touch?

     is there a group on this?

  • Investor · Nevada City, CA · Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 28 votes
    2y

    We have been informed, and verified, that Blacktip has approximately 30 cases in litigation in Lee County, and approximately $150,000 in accumulated judgments against it. Of the cases pending in Lee County, there is an active case, whereby the Plaintiff is alleging approximately 5 million dollars against Blacktip, and one alleging $150,000.

    There may be more cases, judgments, or settlement agreements that we are unaware of.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Kyle Wegg:

    We have been informed, and verified, that Blacktip has approximately 30 cases in litigation in Lee County, and approximately $150,000 in accumulated judgments against it. Of the cases pending in Lee County, there is an active case, whereby the Plaintiff is alleging approximately 5 million dollars against Blacktip, and one alleging $150,000.

    There may be more cases, judgments, or settlement agreements that we are unaware of.


     thats pretty hard to recover from 

  • Member since 2024 · 25 posts · 32 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Kyle Wegg:

    We have been informed, and verified, that Blacktip has approximately 30 cases in litigation in Lee County, and approximately $150,000 in accumulated judgments against it. Of the cases pending in Lee County, there is an active case, whereby the Plaintiff is alleging approximately 5 million dollars against Blacktip, and one alleging $150,000.

    There may be more cases, judgments, or settlement agreements that we are unaware of.


    Two of these cases are worth watcching closely.

    The first is case 23-CA-005823 KIYOS CONCRETE INC Plaintiff vs BLACKTIP CONSTRUCTION GROUP INC et al Defendant. Kiyos is a shell contractor who performed over a million dollars of shell work and never got paid. What makes this one interesting is that $ 367k of this relates to work on 8600 Belle Meade Dr, a property that BlackTip owned, then transferred into another LLC after the suit was filed into Jeff's personal name. IMHO, clearly pierced the corporate vail here. This case is due to go to depositions in August.

    The second is case 23-CC-005098 Sherwin Williams Company Plaintiff vs Blacktip Construction Group Inc Defendant.  A final judgment was issued in the case on 2/14/2024.  A motion for contempt of court was filed on 4/2/2024 as BlackTip had no attorney and failed to file the court-ordered financial information sheet after the judgment.  Following a hearing on 7/2/2024, BlackTIp was given 30 days to appoint an attorney as well as file the FIS sheet.  The court made it clear if neither of these things happened, a warrant would be issued for his arrest.  To date, neither item has happened, and the deadline is 8/1/2024.

    It is also interesting to note that Jeff filed his own "Answer and Affirmative Defenses" in a number of cases this month and signed these as "Counsel for Defendant".  I don't believe he is a member of the Florida Bar.  Only attorneys are allowed to represent corporations and LLCs  in Florida.

    Going to be very interesting to watch these cases move forward.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Kyle Wegg:

    We have been informed, and verified, that Blacktip has approximately 30 cases in litigation in Lee County, and approximately $150,000 in accumulated judgments against it. Of the cases pending in Lee County, there is an active case, whereby the Plaintiff is alleging approximately 5 million dollars against Blacktip, and one alleging $150,000.

    There may be more cases, judgments, or settlement agreements that we are unaware of.


     thats pretty hard to recover from 


     This has bankruptcy written all over it. Question will be if he is criminally charged. 

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Investor · Nevada City, CA · Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 28 votes
    2y

    This is the name of a Cape Coral police department detective investigating BlackTip and Beattie Development.

    This website will not let me plate the telephone number or email address, but let’s try it this way.

    Detective Correa

    Two Three Nine

    Two Four Two

    Three Seven One Four

    jcorrea at capecoral dot gov

  • Investor · Camas, WA · Member since 2020 · 29 posts · 29 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Kyle Wegg:

    I thought to open a new thread about Blacktip Construction Group who has taken peoples deposits. Many people were recommended to Blacktip Construction by RTR and SWFL Advisors. More of more people have been bringing up the fact that Jeff Beach has taken money from them. There was a investment that was advertised by RTR and SWFL Advisors and they referred us over to Blacktip Construction Group. We were told to buy lots and then sign contracts to build with Blacktip. Jeff Beach the owner has taken deposits for over 2 years from clients. He is known not to answer his phone, rarely respond to email and has multiple litigation's against him. If you have had problems or been a victim of his company this would be a great opportunity to share your story and come together. He took 56k from us, justified it and only pulled permits.

    https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffery-beach-3bbbb1170/

    https://twitter.com/jeffbeach75?lang=en

    https://blacktipgroup.com/

    https://www.fastpeoplesearch.com/name/jeffery-beach_fort-mye...

    https://www.facebook.com/blacktipconstruction/

    I too had a RTR build to through a different contractor that after 16 months wasn't permitted.  Fortunately I was able to get out of my contract with comparatively minimal loss.  Curious to know, do investors have any claims/rights with RTR?
  • Member since 2024 · 15 posts · 4 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Neal Coppola:
    Quote from @Kyle Wegg:

    I thought to open a new thread about Blacktip Construction Group who has taken peoples deposits. Many people were recommended to Blacktip Construction by RTR and SWFL Advisors. More of more people have been bringing up the fact that Jeff Beach has taken money from them. There was a investment that was advertised by RTR and SWFL Advisors and they referred us over to Blacktip Construction Group. We were told to buy lots and then sign contracts to build with Blacktip. Jeff Beach the owner has taken deposits for over 2 years from clients. He is known not to answer his phone, rarely respond to email and has multiple litigation's against him. If you have had problems or been a victim of his company this would be a great opportunity to share your story and come together. He took 56k from us, justified it and only pulled permits.

    https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffery-beach-3bbbb1170/

    https://twitter.com/jeffbeach75?lang=en

    https://blacktipgroup.com/

    https://www.fastpeoplesearch.com/name/jeffery-beach_fort-mye...

    https://www.facebook.com/blacktipconstruction/

    I too had a RTR build to through a different contractor that after 16 months wasn't permitted.  Fortunately I was able to get out of my contract with comparatively minimal loss.  Curious to know, do investors have any claims/rights with RTR?
    I was wondering about that too. Does anyone know if investors have a (right to) claim against RTR?
  • Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    I have had a couple investors reach out to me about the possibility of finishing their homes, but the same question comes up. Are they allowed to get out of their contracts? Has anyone spoken to a construction or business attorney that has provided any guidance on this? If so, I would like to connect. 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Derek Hooker:

    I have had a couple investors reach out to me about the possibility of finishing their homes, but the same question comes up. Are they allowed to get out of their contracts? Has anyone spoken to a construction or business attorney that has provided any guidance on this? If so, I would like to connect. 


    I would think you would need to pull a title report and see if there are any liens / judgements as well at least the owner should.. I suspect when these are done and ready for lenders policies the title companies will be very picky on issuing insurance .  So in my mind best to get all this stuff done up front so you and owner dont get surprised later.
  • Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    That is a good point. Most all of them will have liens; the ones I have checked public records on do anyway and it is doubtful the builder will pay them. This won't affect the investors transferring builders though, and allowing the investors who want to finish their homes do so. I am more interested in investors who have tried to get out of the contracts because I am being told the contracts are very strict and don't allow the change. I just don't understand how when the amount of money paid vs. work being done (non-performance) is such a huge difference. 

  • Member since 2024 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Cameron Stevens:

    @Jay Hinrichs I am in the same boat as Kyle. I made a $40k build deposit (first deposit on 10/2022) and we have yet to break ground - or even finalize permitting. The land was a separate all cash purchase.

    On top of that- I call GC and email every week. I get a response about every other month- always with false promises, and never direct answers.

    Do you have any advice for how to handle situation? Is it possible to transfer a contract to another builder? Thanks

    I just messaged you. Coastal Craft Homes is currently finishing up several homes from Blacktip and Beattie. Here is the website so you can reach out https://www.coastalcrafthomes.com/
  • Member since 2024 · 15 posts · 4 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jelena Foskey:
    Quote from @Cameron Stevens:

    @Jay Hinrichs I am in the same boat as Kyle. I made a $40k build deposit (first deposit on 10/2022) and we have yet to break ground - or even finalize permitting. The land was a separate all cash purchase.

    On top of that- I call GC and email every week. I get a response about every other month- always with false promises, and never direct answers.

    Do you have any advice for how to handle situation? Is it possible to transfer a contract to another builder? Thanks

    I just messaged you. Coastal Craft Homes is currently finishing up several homes from Blacktip and Beattie. Here is the website so you can reach out https://www.coastalcrafthomes.com/

     Can anyone give us a feed back on the Coastalcraft homes? Previous or current projects.

  • Real Estate Agent · SWFlorida · Member since 2023 · 28 posts · 19 votes
    1y

    I've been working with a couple investors who are in this situation.  It's been a journey, but we finally got an unfinished project completed and it just got it's CO.  Had to have an outside trustworthy GC come in to complete it.  I wonder how many others are out there with incomplete projects in Cape Coral who have no idea what to do?  It seems much bigger than I originally thought. The project I reference is a Beattie build and not a Blacktip.  Regardless, it's a horrible situation for investors to be in.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.