Rental Property Investor · West Allis · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 3 votes
Ready to get serious and become a real estate agent full time. Looking for the best company to get the training needed to be official as well as any tools to help me learn the material.
Real Estate Agent · Lowell, MA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10mo
Congrats on taking the step to become an agent. I am a big believer in investor-focused agents because they understand the product, the numbers, and the mindset of the people they serve. Our whole team operates that way, and it has made a huge difference in how we help clients.
We manage about one 1000 units across Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine, and we help around one hundred people each year buy their first investment property, so I see the impact good training has on new agents. When someone is just getting started, I usually tell them to interview several brokerages. Every model has strengths:
• KW has strong early training
• Coldwell Banker offers a recognizable brand and structure
• Local mom-and-pop brokerages can give hands-on mentorship
• Models like eXp offer flexibility and national reach
We moved to eXp recently because it opened the door for national expansion, especially for investor-focused agents, but that does not mean it is the right fit for everyone. The key is choosing a place that gives you real support, accountability, and a path to build wealth, not just a place to hang your license.
If you ever want to talk through what to look for in an investor-friendly environment, I am happy to point you in the right direction. No pressure at all. I think the most important thing for any new agent is finding a community that helps you grow and gets you around people doing the kind of business you want to do.
Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10mo
I really recommend getting a real estate coach (Tom Ferry, Brian Buffini, Mike Ferry, etc.). The brokerages may offer training, but usually at a cost or an agent will do the mentorship but then want half your commission. It's hard to scale when you are so restricted.
In terms of the right brokerage for you, they all have their pros and cons. Don't be fooled into joining a brokerage because of the name. I'm part of a boutique brokerage and have done more business than those in big names. It is all about you and your brand.