I quit my job today

I quit my job today

Investor · Cedar Rapids, IA · Member since 2013 · 494 posts · 407 votes

BP brothers and sisters,  I quit the last job I will ever have today to focus on RE investing.  In 2003, while working in corporate America someone suggested Rich Dad Poor Dad to me. Eleven years and 28 properties later I'm finished with the rat race; I'm 50.  I wanted to share this with the BP community because none of my working friends want to hear it.   

108Reply
739 views

Most Popular Reply

Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 15 votes
11y

Congrats Dad!  

Agree with @Chris Simmons  You should expand on the story.  It's been inspiring to watch and I'm sure others would appreciate it as well.  

@Brandon Turner, although I am admittedly biased, I have been wanting to nominate my dad as a podcast candidate for some time.  I can't think of a better 50th birthday and retirement present.  Hilarious, down to earth, and sharp guy with a great story and unusual business model! 

See this reply in the discussion

253 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Florida Gulf Coast · Member since 2012 · 46 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    Wow, that's awesome. Good for you!

  • Businessmen · Boston, MA · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 6 votes
    11y
    Congrats.
  • Appraiser · Union Grove, WI · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 3 votes
    11y
    Congrats.
  • Akron, OH · Member since 2014 · 34 posts · 27 votes
    11y

    Congratulations @Glenn McCrorey 

  • Real Estate Broker · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    Awesome! Congrats!

  • Real Estate Agent · Montgomery Village, MD · Member since 2014 · 39 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Congrats @Glenn McCrorey ! They're gonna wish they had listened to you sooner

  • Lexington, MI · Member since 2014 · 92 posts · 29 votes
    11y

    Congratulations 11 years is such a short time for that much success. 

  • Investor · Sugar Land, TX · Member since 2012 · 554 posts · 232 votes
    11y

    congrats @Glenn McCrorey !

  • Professional · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2013 · 88 posts · 42 votes
    11y

    Awesome!! Congrats to you, can't wait to hear more details too! Enjoy your well deserved celebration! :)

  • Dawn BrenengenBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Glenn McCrorey Congrats!  May the next 50 years be full of leisure and fulfillment!

  • Investor · Cedar Park, TX · Member since 2014 · 317 posts · 74 votes
    11y

    Congratulations! That is very inspiring.

  • Burke, VA · Member since 2013 · 163 posts · 63 votes
    11y

    Glenn,

    Congratulations! I think there are probably millions of people in the world who were inspired when they read Rich Dad Poor Dad (I think it is still a bestseller today). How many actually took action? Probably less than half. How many experienced failure and gave up? Probably a lot. People have different circumstances but I just like the premise of another great book, Think and Grow Rich, it takes lots of failures and successes and persistence to get to where you are. 

    A huge congratulations to you! 

    There are always negative people and there are people who think you just got lucky, well, they are not completely wrong. However, speaking from personal experience, if you are positive and work your *** off to improve your luck, you are going to be much luckier than those naysayers.

    So happy for you!

    Roger Lin  

  • Investor · Middlesex, NJ · Member since 2008 · 53 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    Congrats!

    Happy for you .. very inspiring!

  • Real Estate Investor · Englishtown, NJ · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Congratulations.

  • Investor · Huntington beach, CA · Member since 2014 · 99 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    Congrats OP.

  • Jon HuberPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
    11y

    That's amazing. Congratulations!!!

  • Adelanto , CA · Member since 2013 · 15 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Congratulations!! Enjoy this feeling can't wait to hear more about it. I know all you'll have is time now lol  

  • Jerry W.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Glenn McCrorey  congratulations.  I have tinkered in real estate for almost 30 years.  Two years ago I decided to turn up the fire and move things along.  I added 5 properties this year.  If I had started moving 10 years ago I would be retired too now (.  Oh well better late than never.

  • Real Estate Investor · Lansdowne, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 656 votes
    11y

    Kudos

    Mary

  • Real Estate Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    Congratulations!!! 

  • st. louis, MO · Member since 2014 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    11y
    Congratulations!!!! I would love to get some advice of vet. I haven't even flipped a house yet but hope to reach the goal you are at!!!
  • Bay Area, CA · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 54 votes
    11y

    Wow congrats!!!!

  • Edgewood, MD · Member since 2014 · 283 posts · 59 votes
    11y

    Congratulations @Glenn McCrorey 

  • Real Estate Investor · Topsham, ME · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Congratulations Glenn!  

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 370 posts · 85 votes
    11y

    Awesome. I want to be in your shoes soon.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.