Title shows incorrect number of beds

4 Replies

Hi all. I have a wholesale deal under contract, but I'm seeing that title incorrectly shows 2 beds when there are really 3.  Seller claims all 3 beds are original & from my inspection, they appear to be original as well.  My buyers will still need some documentation though. So the question is- if title's wrong, where can I go next to get the docs that prove the 3 beds are original?  I'd guess that I could go to the county- but isn't that where title gets their info from anyway?  Seller has their purchase docs but they don't say anything about the number of rooms. Thanks in advance.

Okay silly question, does it matter? Other than for an appraisal, I wouldn't think it would impact anything. I have never run into this issue though?

"Title" shows 2 bedrooms?  Title (a deed) doesn't even describe the improvements.  Property appraiser/tax assessor maybe.

I agree with Wayne, legal descriptions do not include descriptions of improvements, title is to the land. You're looking at something else! Not an issue as to title, it may be as to an occupancy permit, start with the zoning office. :)

Sorry for the confusion - "title" = a couple different title websites.  Thanks guys!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.