MICHIGAN the State most moved FROM in 2015?

MICHIGAN the State most moved FROM in 2015?

Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2014 · 755 posts · 462 votes

Let's start with:

The Top 10 States Americans Are Moving To...

Top States People Moved to in 2015

1. Oregon
2. South Carolina
3. Vermont
4. Idaho
5. North Carolina
6. Florida
7. Nevada
8. District of Columbia
9. Texas
10. Washington 

0Reply
132 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Rockwall, TX · Member since 2015 · 891 posts · 701 votes
10y

That's because everyone left Michigan 8 years ago. 

-Christopher

See this reply in the discussion

34 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    @Matt R.  it is quite something really,

    I just had one of my business partners over from Singapore.

    if you have not been its a model of efficiency... I asked him how they can have no tax on corporate earnings or interest income.

    Answer NO social welfare... you either make it or you don't... education medicine and housing is government subsidized but you must be gainfully employeed and in many cases married.. Papa was a rolling stone don't cut it there  LOL

  • Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Richard Dunlop Section 8 in LA are having a hard time finding landlords because market rents are much higher now. It is budgeted so 40k folks on wait list and lottery to get on wait list.

    @Jay Hinrichs

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    @Matt R. its inverse of the Mid west were section 8 is generally higher than market rents ergo the desire to use section 8... don't know about Detroit section 8..

    in some mid west markets section 8 can be as much as 20% or more higher than market.

    IN the Portland Market you would find it very difficult to get a land lord to accept section 8 as there are too many market paying tenants and in this area the stigma that comes with section 8... its not the golden ticket like it is in the mid west.

  • Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Jay Hinrichs I just checked there are 8k on wait list for LA and the program has been closed for the last 15 years. 

    Yeah, there was that one midwest TK guy taking section 8 in a A hood I recall. You definitely will not see that often in LA. 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    @Matt R.  I saw on your website that your now taking EBT cards for surf lessons and paddle board rentals and lessons.. that's a great marketing tool right there.. Only in LA

  • Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Jay Hinrichs Serious...I did not even know but that is funny. No ones used yet as far as I know but that is classic. 

  • Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2014 · 755 posts · 462 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Matt R.:

    @Jay Hinrichs Serious...I did not even know but that is funny. No ones used yet as far as I know but that is classic. 

     I've seen Lake Superior with 5 foot surf when are you expanding up here.

  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y
    Jay Hinrichs Ha! That's the first! Guru Villian has Returned your Investment? I thought for guru students ROI meant Return Our Investment! I always thought that their line was a myth, proves to be right, 0.1%. lol
  • Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Richard DunlopNo doubt. I used to be in South Beach, FL too until they tore down my managers APT on the beach and that apts actual backyard served as our location. There is no backyard anymore. I had plans to expand to Great Lakes but need to revisit those plans. There is a surfing community there and the stand up stuff is a no brainer.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.