Erie, Pa info

Erie, Pa info

Investor · Chico, CA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 1 vote
Hi everyone, I live in California and am looking into Erie as a potential investment location on a multi family buy ad hold property. Doing my preliminary market research and wanted to know if anyone has any helpful info on the area. Best location for rentals? Good realtors? Good property managers? Any other important info I should know about Erie. Thanks in advance for your help!
1Reply
104 views

Most Popular Reply

Dorothy ButalaPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2016 · 168 posts · 124 votes
7y

Anyone who has questions about Erie and the investment market, please drop me a line. I am an avid investor and am also licensed.  Love helping anyone who may need some direction!

See this reply in the discussion

34 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Chico, CA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Sorry, Earie :) not sure how to edit my posts here yet... Earie, Pa
  • Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NYC · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Hi,

    I'm also really interested in Erie, PA as a good place for investment opportunities.  

    Did you take this forward?  Would love to hear about your experiences.  

  • Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    I reside near Erie,PA.  Several good and bad deals depending on what niche and scope you are interested in.

  • Huntington Beach, CA · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 2 votes
    7y

    I went to college at Gannon University in Erie, and live in Huntington Beach, CA. I am looking to purchase a multi family as well and a friend of mine from college is a real estate agent who has been helping me look at MLS's. Let me know if you would like her information. If you live near Huntington Beach, or Orange County, CA. Let's meet up.

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NYC · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Hi Dennis,

    Thanks for getting back to me.  I don't live in the area - I just liked what I read about Erie and what it's doing to survive in tough times.  I'd love to chat to your friend!

    Hi Michael,

    I'm most interested in multi-family that will attract good renters - but Erie looks tricky:  seems like it's hard to find good renters; the properties are old and the upkeep looks intimidating.  Also it seems like there's a lot of unemployment, and a declining population.  However, it also seems that there are going to be big investments soon via insurance and the hospital that make it look promising.  

  • Dorothy ButalaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2016 · 168 posts · 124 votes
    7y

    Anyone who has questions about Erie and the investment market, please drop me a line. I am an avid investor and am also licensed.  Love helping anyone who may need some direction!

  • Real Estate Agent · Erie, PA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Around the colleges are popular for buy and hold if you don't mind renting to college students.  Properties don't tend to last long if they are close enough to one of them.  For such a small town we have a lot of good colleges too.

  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    @Dorothy Butala I’d like to connect about Erie! I’ve been looking for info about properties the area.

  • Dorothy ButalaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2016 · 168 posts · 124 votes
    7y

    @Steve Burrell  Would love to chat!  Drop me a message and let's connect. 

  • Brookhaven, PA · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Hi everyone!

    We just bought our first duplex in Erie. Would like to connect to people in the area!

    Sarah

  • Real Estate Agent · Centreville, MD · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Sarah Huffman I am looking to buy my first rental property in Erie this fall. I am a senior at Gannon now. Where did you buy your duplex? Are you renting out to students or a normal rental? Is it cashflowing positive? 

    Thank you

  • Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 413 posts · 348 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Evan Phoenix:

    @Sarah Huffman I am looking to buy my first rental property in Erie this fall. I am a senior at Gannon now. Where did you buy your duplex? Are you renting out to students or a normal rental? Is it cashflowing positive? 

    Thank you

     Hey Evan, are you playing hoops this year? lol

    If you are looking for the student route, there are usually a few for sale around Gannon, maybe on the outskirts which could be areas you are looking to avoid though

  • Real Estate Agent · Centreville, MD · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Joe M. Nope, retired last year haha and happy to be done. Yea I don't want to go to far from Gannon because the surrounding areas.

  • Brookhaven, PA · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Hey Evan,

    We bought close to the Barber Center and so far it's going well!

    -Sarah

  • Real Estate Agent · Centreville, MD · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Sarah Huffman I am glad its going well! Are you house hacking or renting both sides? Is it cash flow positive? And did you find on the MLS? I am currently looking for a multi family property in Erie now!

  • Rental Property Investor · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Just getting started on BP and would like to begin networking and linking up with people who are driven and have common goals. I have dreamed about real estate investing for a long time and it is what I plan to do full time once I retire from the military in about three years. I was born and raised outside of Erie, PA and hope to return to be close to family again.

    I get home a few times a year and would love to set up a meet a greet for anyone interested in getting together to discuss potential deals or share experiences with investing in and around Erie. I am thinking this fall will be the next time I get back (October). I am starting early to see if there is any interest in doing this and hopefully have a decent turnout. We could do a morning thing or evening makes no difference to me.

    Please let me know what you think

    Dave

  • Rental Property Investor · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Sarah Huffman congrats on the deal, I would like to chat and see how it’s going. I am interested in a MF deal, but have been out of the area and would be interested in hearing what has went well and wrong for you.

    Please reach out

    Dave

  • Rental Property Investor · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Dorothy Butala how are you going about finding property in the Erie area? Let’s talk.

    Dave

  • Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 413 posts · 348 votes
    7y

    Hey Dave

    What type of properties are you looking to get into

  • Dorothy ButalaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2016 · 168 posts · 124 votes
    7y

    @David J Pring III shoot me a text (its in my profile, they won't let me post it here) If anyone else needs help shoot me a message.  For anyone interested in the Erie Market, I highly recommend joining the Apartment Association of North Western PA as well as the Facebook page hosted by my friend and fellow investor, Erie PA Real Estate Investors.  Both the Apt Assoc and Erie PA Real Estate investors have monthly meet ups.  Great place to meet other investors and start schooling yourself on the local market.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Joe M. At this point multi-family duplex or Tri sounds beat to me but if the numbers were right I would take a single family.

    Are you in the Area?

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Good evening.  

    Out of state (CA) investor previously from Erie looking to partner on some flips or Multi-Family buy & hold in the area.  Looking for partner who is knowledgeable in the area / already has a network going.  I am looking to build my network and knowledge of the area and can provide at least down payments.  Goal is to start reviewing some numbers / potential deals and run a proof of concept deal before really digging into the Erie area.  I'll look into the Apt Assoc and Erie PA seems like a solid resource. 

    Cheers

  • Contractor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 339 posts · 325 votes
    6y

    @Vaden Hoffman just read a WSJ article on Erie and how it’s pumping $$$$$ into development to try to revitalize; shooting for tech companies like all other rust belt towns these days. If you look at what has happened to Pittsburgh and surrounding areas (I know it is different), Erie may have lots of potential

  • Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 413 posts · 348 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Parker Eberhard:

    @Vaden Hoffman just read a WSJ article on Erie and how it’s pumping $$$$$ into development to try to revitalize; shooting for tech companies like all other rust belt towns these days. If you look at what has happened to Pittsburgh and surrounding areas (I know it is different), Erie may have lots of potential

     Lets hope.  I know I was excited to read that article

  • Rental Property Investor · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Dorothy Butala

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.