Investor · Chico, CA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 1 vote
Hi everyone, I live in California and am looking into Erie as a potential investment location on a multi family buy ad hold property. Doing my preliminary market research and wanted to know if anyone has any helpful info on the area. Best location for rentals? Good realtors? Good property managers? Any other important info I should know about Erie. Thanks in advance for your help!
Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2016 · 168 posts · 124 votes
7y
Anyone who has questions about Erie and the investment market, please drop me a line. I am an avid investor and am also licensed. Love helping anyone who may need some direction!
Rental Property Investor · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 0 votes
6y
@Dorothy Butala, and anyone else in the area, I will be in town at the end of the month and would love to meet up to discuss real estate and perhaps make new friends and partners. If anyone is interested in doing something in the Erie, PA area let me know and let’s get a coffee or beer and talk. I will be in town 26 October through the 1st of November.
We just bought our first duplex in Erie. Would like to connect to people in the area!
Sarah
Hi Sarah! Would love to hear about how the rental is coming along in Erie. Could you share a little more info about it - what part of town? How are the tenants? Thanks!
Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 84 posts · 462 votes
6y
Erie is a great place for buy and hold investing! I'm a local investor and Realtor and there are a lot of good deals to go around and interesting things happening. You really have to know, or work with someone who knows the market because you can have one block be a good area to have a property, and the next not so much. Happy to talk with anyone further about the current market.
Brookhaven, PA · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 7 votes
6y
Hi everyone!
Sorry I haven't logged in for awhile so I didn't see your responses! So renting the apartments have been no problem and the tenants have been great. Our problem has been with our property manager. She hasn't been on time with paying us and isn't very responsive with phone calls. We are currently looking into finding a new one so hopefully things will go better once we do.
We had bought the property for 30k that needed some cosmetic work and we rent each 2 bedroom unit for $550 a unit.
I'm in Erie and own 1000+ doors in the Erie area. Feel free to reach out if wanting to connect or if anyone has any questions about the market or nuances up here.