• Investor
  • Nashville, IL
Votes |
Ok realtors I need some advice

Devin Haertling
  • Investor
  • Nashville, IL
Posted Jun 21 2017, 20:19

@zane belden and I have been working on a deal to buy a 4 plex.  This process started 6 months ago.  We made contact with our realtor through Zillow  and she showed us 3 properties one day and we put an offer on one of them.  The deal never went through so 5 months later we offered on the same property and still no luck.  Now the seller has contacted me through facebook and wants to sell at our asking price of 160K (list price 200K) but wants to leave realtors out of the equation.  (He doesn't want to pay the commissions).  How he is getting out of his current listing with his realtor is a whole other discussion.

In a nut shell for those out there that will ask: He is transferring the title to his daughter so the current listing contract is void with his realtor.  (I know it sounds super shady) 

We are probably going to move forward with the deal but we feel bad about snubbing our realtor after the time she put in it. but if we closed the traditional way then the cost would have been bore by the seller.

My question is this: 

If we give her $1000 in amazon gift cards or something else of equal value that she would use (so she doesn't have to claim it) would that be sufficient?  Would you appreciate a gesture like that or be upset you were left out?

Let us know what you think

Thanks for the input.  

Loading replies...