My first offer on a house (without realtor), I need a conract!

My first offer on a house (without realtor), I need a conract!

Investor · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2016 · 222 posts · 294 votes

Hello, I am about to make my first ever offer (without a realtor) on a house owned by my friend. I would like to have some sort of contract ready for him to sign, that has a couple contingencies built in. Could I just type a 1 page contract up myself? or does anyone have a quick easy "fill in the blank" contract that I could use? I'm going to buy it as-is, with a financing and inspection contingency. Does anyone have any advice or a contract I could use? Thank you.

0Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Bronx, NY · Member since 2011 · 597 posts · 341 votes
9y
You can hire an attorney which would be smart if you never done a contract form or Google real estate sales purchase contract and use something like legal zoom, rocket lawyer etc.... Make sure your contract is state specific.
See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Bronx, NY · Member since 2011 · 597 posts · 341 votes
    9y
    You can hire an attorney which would be smart if you never done a contract form or Google real estate sales purchase contract and use something like legal zoom, rocket lawyer etc.... Make sure your contract is state specific.
  • Sonoma, CA · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    9y
    Hire an attorney, minimize your risk
  • Mike CumbieBusiness Member
    REALTOR® · Brockport, NY · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9y

    @Cam Jimmy

    I agree get an attorney to write it up, they most likely have one and can walk you through it with an hour of time.

  • Grosse Pointe, MI · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    9y
    My buddy just did the same last week using a form he found on rocket lawyer online. It seemed easy and was accepted as a legit contract by the bank and insurance. He compared it to previous contract PDF he had and it stated the same information.
  • Investor · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2016 · 222 posts · 294 votes
    9y

    Thanks for the help everyone, I have contacted a few attorneys in my area and im going to sit down with one of them. I figure I only need to do this once, and then ill have a conract to copy for any future offers.

  • Specialist · Federal Way, WA · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    How did your purchase go? Did you get a good contract?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.