Does Anyone Need 10000% Free Marketing Advice? Happy to Help

Does Anyone Need 10000% Free Marketing Advice? Happy to Help

Ramsey, NJ · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 9 votes

i was just answering a post and I realized that I could do something pretty cool for anyone that is interested. I have over 16 years of experience in online marketing and lead generation. I realize that I could answer some questions that will help people here be a little more successful. If anyone has a question, post it here, and I will do my best to answer as soon as I can. I do not want anything in return, I figure I could just do this to help people as others have been helped me in the past.

Please do not post a question like; how do I get more leads? Try to be more specific as this question would require me to ask 20 more questions =)

My Background:

  • Serial Entrepreneur for the last 16 years
  • Co Founded Several Marketing Companies that have had revenues from 10-25mil/yr
  • Experienced in Several Marketing Channels (email, SMS, call center, social, PPC
  • Current Founder of a company Called Tendant - A Free Digital Business Card Platform
1Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Trevor MauchPro Member
Investor · Roseburg, OR · Member since 2014 · 141 posts · 149 votes
7y
@Pratik great question man. The biggest misnomer and misunderstanding on that topic is that people are getting results with Carrot because of the “stock content” that comes on the sites. The SEO results require (in most cases) you to customize the content leveraging our framework and training and the Carrot platform has always been 100% about creating robust, useful, unique content which is what Google is always looking for. Stacked on top of a high converting framework (which is what Carrot specializes in). So yes, if someone sets up a Carrot site and expects to rank well in Google without following our training to customize the content and build in your credibility and brand... then they’ll struggle because of duplicate content. But send PPC traffic to that site and it’ll convert great without having to customize the content. Pull up any of these sites, often times big investors who switched from fancy and pretty custom sites, and you’ll notice how they leveraged our platform because it performs better... but they wrapped their own branding and content onto our high converting and SEO friendly platform. https://www.webuyhomesintucson.com - customized content - personalizes credibility and branding - leverages our content marketing system to save time with content - high performing tech stack - he’s dominating most motivated seller phrases in Tucson https://www.sellnowhomebuyers.com - brought branding to Carrot - built out custom location landing pages per our training - creates unique content with our content tools - controls 30+ #1 rankings for sellers in New York https://www.househeroes.com - uses our content tools to get top rankings for targeted phrases (like “selling a house in florida taxes” and hundreds of others) - customized site content and built out location pages on our system (with unique content) - dialed in branding to stand out All of the sites above closed over high margin 20 deals last year just from SEO (not to mention any ppc they’re doing) The reason I write this is because yes, Carrot sites are everywhere because they perform better. But they perform on SEO not because the stock content, but because people leverage our framework, training, and tech stack to personalize their content correctly to get an edge in SEO over platforms not optimized as well. Believe me, our livelihood relies on helping our clients get long-term results and our strategy has always been based on 3 fundamentals. 1. Focus on conversion and performance over “prettiness”. When there’s a trade off needed, we always choose what performs better. 2. Robust valuable content, credibility, and brand done right will always give you an edge. We strive to make this easier with our tools. 3. The tech stack can give you a massive edge when all other things are equal. And with our scale we have the resources to invest heavily in constant improvements to give members an edge. Great question and I hope this helps!! I’m sure you can see my passion coming through :-) 🥕🥕
See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y

    Nice offer.. but you will get exactly that..  How do i get more leads for less money.. !!

  • Ramsey, NJ · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 9 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    Nice offer.. but you will get exactly that..  How do i get more leads for less money.. !!

    I think people are expecting that a switch gets flipped and all of a sudden you get more leads for less money. That can eventually happen but it requires consistency and a long term investment. There is no short term solution, unless you can get some press or wanna spend. You can spend less money but you will need to spend more time. Either way it is going to cost you something.

  • Investor · Sugar Hill, GA · Member since 2014 · 168 posts · 97 votes
    7y

    HI Douglas,  Let me try  a question that I hope is specific enough. 

    I am thinking that nowadays, if all other factors remain the same, Facebook advertising is  most cost effective than google ads. Would you agree with this blanket statement?

  • Ramsey, NJ · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    @Ed Tamayo

    Hi Ed, its cool. That question is a good one.

    I would go with Facebook as long as you are doing some retargeting and you have some sort of funnel. Selling your home is not an impulsive decision so you need to make them aware of your business, educate the user, then offer them a proposition to "see what they can get".

    Facebook advertising is effective but it requires a lot of testing between ads and audiences. Also since you are targeting a small geographic area it can take a bit to see results. In my opinion boosting posts has mixed results unless you have an already established audience(page followers or friends) of potential sellers or referral sources. Google can be productive because people have a clear intent, IE searching "sell my home fast". The problem with Google is that it can get really expensive too because of the quality.  

    Also **IMPORTANT** if you start to just rely on Google, Facebook, or anything as the main source of your business, you can set yourself up for failure, you need a few new business sources.

  • Investor · Sugar Hill, GA · Member since 2014 · 168 posts · 97 votes
    7y

    Thanks Douglas for the detailed response. I'll keep your advise in mind as I work on a facebook campaign I am planning

  • Ramsey, NJ · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    @Ed Tamayo Anytime Ed. I highly recommend building some relationships with agents and referral sources. Nothing beats great relationships.

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 46 posts · 55 votes
    7y

    Hi Douglas, thank you for this thread and just trying to give back. So much appreciated.

    A little about myself, I've been reading for awhile and been a broker for 3 years but starting to try to make moves with investing. I started a direct mail campaign and have gotten a few phone calls but would like to get into the online marketing side. What would you say first steps would be and possibly a small plan? I think a website to go with my direct mail marketing for leads to either call or go online to just give them options. How do you propose I do the marketing with that? This might be a lot but anything you answer would be so much appreciated. Thank you!

  • Ramsey, NJ · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    @Nick Britton

    Hi Nick,

    I owned a company called Revnet for about 5 years that hit those numbers. After that I had adnet which Is still around that was not in the 25 range but was over 10, but I left to pursue another company called tendant which I operate now. Keep in mind these are lead generation not investing companies. I am happy to discuss any time, connect with me and we can jump on a call.

    I think one important thing people do not realize is that you can build a big revenue company without a social media following or a lot of the other things(big staff) that ppl associate with success. Right now we sell to sales teams all o st the US and we see companies with 30+ mill in annual revenue that most ppl don’t know

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 807 posts · 815 votes
    7y

    Do you think Google's algorithm is going to catch on to the OnCarrot platform that many investors are using and go "all these websites have the same template/content, I'm going to lower their rankings"? It's been on my mind because from what I know, Google's main goal is to provide high quality and unique content to search queries.  Thanks :]

  • Ramsey, NJ · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    @Pratik P.

    Hi Pratik,

    I stopped really focusing on Seo about 10 years ago. The updates were too stressful and there is so much outside of seo. I asked someone I know in Seo to respond, I will add what he says.

  • Trevor MauchPro Member
    Investor · Roseburg, OR · Member since 2014 · 141 posts · 149 votes
    7y
    @Pratik great question man. The biggest misnomer and misunderstanding on that topic is that people are getting results with Carrot because of the “stock content” that comes on the sites. The SEO results require (in most cases) you to customize the content leveraging our framework and training and the Carrot platform has always been 100% about creating robust, useful, unique content which is what Google is always looking for. Stacked on top of a high converting framework (which is what Carrot specializes in). So yes, if someone sets up a Carrot site and expects to rank well in Google without following our training to customize the content and build in your credibility and brand... then they’ll struggle because of duplicate content. But send PPC traffic to that site and it’ll convert great without having to customize the content. Pull up any of these sites, often times big investors who switched from fancy and pretty custom sites, and you’ll notice how they leveraged our platform because it performs better... but they wrapped their own branding and content onto our high converting and SEO friendly platform. https://www.webuyhomesintucson.com - customized content - personalizes credibility and branding - leverages our content marketing system to save time with content - high performing tech stack - he’s dominating most motivated seller phrases in Tucson https://www.sellnowhomebuyers.com - brought branding to Carrot - built out custom location landing pages per our training - creates unique content with our content tools - controls 30+ #1 rankings for sellers in New York https://www.househeroes.com - uses our content tools to get top rankings for targeted phrases (like “selling a house in florida taxes” and hundreds of others) - customized site content and built out location pages on our system (with unique content) - dialed in branding to stand out All of the sites above closed over high margin 20 deals last year just from SEO (not to mention any ppc they’re doing) The reason I write this is because yes, Carrot sites are everywhere because they perform better. But they perform on SEO not because the stock content, but because people leverage our framework, training, and tech stack to personalize their content correctly to get an edge in SEO over platforms not optimized as well. Believe me, our livelihood relies on helping our clients get long-term results and our strategy has always been based on 3 fundamentals. 1. Focus on conversion and performance over “prettiness”. When there’s a trade off needed, we always choose what performs better. 2. Robust valuable content, credibility, and brand done right will always give you an edge. We strive to make this easier with our tools. 3. The tech stack can give you a massive edge when all other things are equal. And with our scale we have the resources to invest heavily in constant improvements to give members an edge. Great question and I hope this helps!! I’m sure you can see my passion coming through :-) 🥕🥕
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.