Girlfriend and I might be moving to Tulsa from DC and have been doing a ton of research into the city recently. We are both shocked at how nice Tulsa seems. Looks like a lot of things are happening and the city is trending in the right direction.
But it’s still Oklahoma, I know nothing about it have never been before. Friends of mine in Dallas told me that locals have started to spend long weekend in Tulsa and that it’s pretty cool.
Anyway, if we move there we’d like to buy two properties out of the gate.
What are your thoughts on Tulsa for rental income or for flipping homes?
Rental Property Investor · Broken Arrow, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y
@Lowry Coe I live in the Tulsa area, and own many SFR's & Condo rentals in the metro and surrounding areas, and have also flipped & wholesaled many SFR's. So, I'm highly involved in the market full-time.
My opinion is that Tulsa and surrounding suburbs provide a great place to live, and to invest in both Real Estate & Business in general. The median housing prices are low here, your money buys a lot more home. The property taxes are also lower throughout Oklahoma. Though Appreciation is NOT as near as high as many major markets in other states. The rental rates are decent, and can be great if acquiring properties at typical investor discounts. 1-1.5% rental to price ratios are still very attainable in A & B Neighborhoods, and sometimes up to 2% if investing in C Areas. Good acquisition deals on Multi-Family are a much harder to find though due to competitiveness in the market. But they’re still better than many other markets. Here’s links to a lot of helpful information.
* (BP Monitoring please Note I do not own or benefit in any way from any of the following companies)
Rental Property Investor · Edmond, OK · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y
I'm not super familiar with the Tulsa rental market, but I have heard it's fantastic. As far as the city itself, it is super cool. There is a lot of stuff happening and it's a great place to spend time. There are lots of cool live music venues, several great museums, cool parks, etc.
Rental Property Investor · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 17 votes
6y
Hi Lowry! Tulsa has a ton going for it right now. It was actually mentioned on the top 25 list from trip advisors for emerging world destinations in 2020.
My wife and I are investors in the area. We recently purchased a quadplex near downtown to house hack. My Dad and I flipped a house near Tulsa last year.
There are quite a few nice suburbs surrounding Tulsa that are very stable rental markets, and Tulsa proper has been expanding lately as well.
Anyway, send me a message if you'd like to connect!
That it is, my friend! Where people are nice, real estate is (fairly) stable and boring, and cash flow is achievable!
I think it's a good rental market. Tulsa is pretty heavily based on oil and gas, though not completely. Just check the news, oil and gas is no bueno right now. That could mean a good time to buy in Tulsa is coming up?
If you have any more specific questions, reach out. We have rentals from Skiatook to Jenks and Broken Arrow. We have flipped in all of those areas as well.
Rental Property Investor · Broken Arrow, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y
@Lowry Coe I live in the Tulsa area, and own many SFR's & Condo rentals in the metro and surrounding areas, and have also flipped & wholesaled many SFR's. So, I'm highly involved in the market full-time.
My opinion is that Tulsa and surrounding suburbs provide a great place to live, and to invest in both Real Estate & Business in general. The median housing prices are low here, your money buys a lot more home. The property taxes are also lower throughout Oklahoma. Though Appreciation is NOT as near as high as many major markets in other states. The rental rates are decent, and can be great if acquiring properties at typical investor discounts. 1-1.5% rental to price ratios are still very attainable in A & B Neighborhoods, and sometimes up to 2% if investing in C Areas. Good acquisition deals on Multi-Family are a much harder to find though due to competitiveness in the market. But they’re still better than many other markets. Here’s links to a lot of helpful information.
* (BP Monitoring please Note I do not own or benefit in any way from any of the following companies)
Rental Property Investor · Northwest Arkansas · Member since 2016 · 52 posts · 30 votes
6y
Anyone in here actively involved in Multi Family in Tulsa? We currently own and operate 350+ units in Northwest Arkansas and looking at expanding into Tulsa as well as Little Rock. It seems like from the deals I have looked at that Tulsa is almost as hot as the market or as hot.
@Brian Wagers for sure it is a super hot Multi-Family market. I get calls all the time from out of state investors looking to buy multi family in Tulsa. There is WAY more demand than there is supply. Fortunately because of the recent events of the world it appears that many long time owners are starting to consider to sell! I see many deals coming in the next year here in Tulsa!!!
Real Estate Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2019 · 130 posts · 66 votes
5y
@Miron Briley hi, I’m an investor and agent. I work with local and out of state investors. I find both off and on market deals for my clients regularly. Happy to add you to my email list and connect
Investor · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 10 votes
5y
Investing in Tulsa and the surrounding areas while we also have deals to assign as well. Check us out at buybluefirefly.com for current investment properties, selltobluefirefly.com for our seller site. Looking forward to connecting. 😁
Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 3 votes
8mo
@Scott England Happy New Year. Would love to talk more about Tulsa. I have a buddy investing in the area and we happen to be here now looking at property he’s purchased and exploring other opportunities.