Investing in Rental Properties in Eugene, Oregon

Investing in Rental Properties in Eugene, Oregon

Rental Property Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 9 votes

Does anyone have any experience investing in Eugene, Oregon? If so, it would be great to have a conversation with you so I can have a better feeling of what the market is like down there. Would also be amazing if anyone had a realtor contact that they've had good experiences with in the past.

This may be where I end up purchasing my first investment property if I can find something that makes sense in the next year or so, but I don't currently have a source for off-market homes in the area, and I feel like that's necessary.

Thanks in advance!

4Reply
32 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2019 · 90 posts · 49 votes
6y

@Tyler Baltus I live and have invested in eugene. I also have the best realtor in town, just referred him to a friend who had great results as well. I've worked with him for over 10 years now, certain months he's #1 in Lane County, but he's always available, and a nice guy! The market is hot here, so I'm not seeing deals, but feel free to reach out with any questions. Just a heads up, I'm on vacation with my son so my responses will be delayed. All the best!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2019 · 90 posts · 49 votes
    6y

    @Tyler Baltus I live and have invested in eugene. I also have the best realtor in town, just referred him to a friend who had great results as well. I've worked with him for over 10 years now, certain months he's #1 in Lane County, but he's always available, and a nice guy! The market is hot here, so I'm not seeing deals, but feel free to reach out with any questions. Just a heads up, I'm on vacation with my son so my responses will be delayed. All the best!

  • Rental Property Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 73 posts · 49 votes
    6y

    Hi Tyler, I’m also originally from Eugene and own property there so happy to help how I can. I’ll send you another realtor recommendation as well. 

    -Jason

  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    Quote from @Travis Rogers:

    @Tyler Baltus I live and have invested in eugene. I also have the best realtor in town, just referred him to a friend who had great results as well. I've worked with him for over 10 years now, certain months he's #1 in Lane County, but he's always available, and a nice guy! The market is hot here, so I'm not seeing deals, but feel free to reach out with any questions. Just a heads up, I'm on vacation with my son so my responses will be delayed. All the best!

    Hi there Tyler, looking to invest in Eugene. My husband grew up there and we love it. Looking at single family for now. You mentioned you had a great realtor, when you have a chance could you pass on his info to me. Thanks!

  • Member since 2022 · 92 posts · 11 votes
    4y

    Hello, I am a resident of oregon who currently lives in the Hillsboro area if anyone is familiar. I am very interested in single family BRR investments but it seems to me oregon would be a hard market to start out in considering I only qualify for a loan amount of 250k and under. I could take out a hard money loan but I’m just wondering if anyone had any advice starting out in this part of the country or would it be best to invest out of state thank you!

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    4y

    Hey Tyler,

    I have lived in Eugene for 16 years, and work with investors here.  Let me know if I can be of help.

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2019 · 90 posts · 49 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Kaira Resch:
    Quote from @Travis Rogers:

    @Tyler Baltus I live and have invested in eugene. I also have the best realtor in town, just referred him to a friend who had great results as well. I've worked with him for over 10 years now, certain months he's #1 in Lane County, but he's always available, and a nice guy! The market is hot here, so I'm not seeing deals, but feel free to reach out with any questions. Just a heads up, I'm on vacation with my son so my responses will be delayed. All the best!

    Hi there Tyler, looking to invest in Eugene. My husband grew up there and we love it. Looking at single family for now. You mentioned you had a great realtor, when you have a chance could you pass on his info to me. Thanks!

     Hi Kaira, I believe you were referring to me with the realtor. If not no worries, but if so, his name is AD Smith. He's at Keller Williams in Eugene. All the best! 


Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.