Seeking mentor w/ knowledge of triple net commercial leases

Seeking mentor w/ knowledge of triple net commercial leases

Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2016 · 164 posts · 114 votes

Hello there. I’m looking into my first possible commercial deal. Owner financing is on the table, but they’d like to hear terms. An absolute triple net lease will be signed at closing. The deal looks appealing to me but I’d benefit greatly from some advice from a seasoned commercial investor. I’d appreciate being able to message or email. Thanks so much in advance to anyone willing!

Michael

2Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Michael K GallagherBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y

Hey @Michael A. I am not a commercial investor as of yet, but I do review triple net leases as a tenant rep on a weekly basis, so I'd like to think I have a vague idea of what I'm looking at.  They are mostly retail leases as we broker Urgent Cares, but regardless I'm happy to take a look, shoot me a pm if you'd like to connect.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael K GallagherBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Hey @Michael A. I am not a commercial investor as of yet, but I do review triple net leases as a tenant rep on a weekly basis, so I'd like to think I have a vague idea of what I'm looking at.  They are mostly retail leases as we broker Urgent Cares, but regardless I'm happy to take a look, shoot me a pm if you'd like to connect.

  • Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2016 · 164 posts · 114 votes
    3y

    @Michael K Gallagher Thats’s awesome Michael, thanks for the offer. This deal is a bit interesting because the terms have been established by the current owner and look fairly favorable, but I don’t have a lease drawn up yet. I know the agreed upon terms, but do not know whether or not they will have signed that lease already or will look to me to write one with those same terms. Either way I’ll shoot you a message with some info. Thank you!

  • Ronald RohdePro Member
    Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    What is the asset type? Otherwise, we help clients with NNN leases everyday.

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2018 · 136 posts · 87 votes
    3y

    Sounds like you have a pretty good deal on your hands. I've been in the commercial space for a little while now, happy to help review. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.