Anyone use an alternative database to CoStar?

Anyone use an alternative database to CoStar?

Yonah WeissPro Member
Cost Segregation Expert and Investor · Lakewood, NJ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Does anyone use an alternative database to CoStar for getting Commercial Real Estate property sale information? We're looking into a new database - Reonomy. It looks good. Very user friendly. Automated.

Does anyone have any feedback on it, or other forums?

0Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper · Cupertino, CA · Member since 2015 · 265 posts · 27 votes
8y

They used to have a much cheaper service, list $39/mo, but that has since gone away. I think they are the I just can't afford the cost.

I also use the web site of commercial brokers.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · Newport Beach, CA · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    I can't speak on experience with Reonomy, but the more I use costar for my position and the more content and information they put out, it seems like they're the best option. I would assume that Reonomy is going to come at a cost far less or try to create a product that is far superior to what costar has put together.

    I think the biggest advantage to costar has to be the massive research base they keep expanding to create an informational barrier to entry in the CRE data industry. I'll look into reonomy and hopefully find something promising.

  • Flipper · Cupertino, CA · Member since 2015 · 265 posts · 27 votes
    8y

    They used to have a much cheaper service, list $39/mo, but that has since gone away. I think they are the I just can't afford the cost.

    I also use the web site of commercial brokers.

  • Realtor · Bangor, ME · Member since 2018 · 203 posts · 34 votes
    7y

    Reonomy is awesome but definitely expensive. It's the best thing I've found to skip trace LLC owners.

  • Investor · Mount Pleasant, SC · Member since 2017 · 27 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    I've used Catylist for some markets.  In Charleston SC, where I live, many brokers seem to post their commercial listings on catlyst and CoStar/Loopnet.  Caylist is not in every market, but what I've found is that the listings solely on CoStar (not viewable on Loopnet) tend to be on Catylist and you can look at them free of charge.

  • Danny RandazzoPro Member
    Apartment Syndicator · Charleston, SC · Member since 2016 · 973 posts · 728 votes
    7y

    @Yonah Weiss CoStar seems to be the source with the best info and continuous invest/focus on gathering more data to better improve their product 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.