Has anyone invested with Lonestar Development Partners, austin TX

Has anyone invested with Lonestar Development Partners, austin TX

Investor · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2016 · 222 posts · 294 votes

Has anyone out there actually invested any money with Lonestar Development partners in Austin, Texas? They have about 5-6 projects going on in the Austin area, and I'm curious if they are legit. I've tried calling 3 times but no one seems to answer the phone. If you have, what kind of returns were/are you getting?

Here is their website http://lonestardevelopmentpartners.com/

1Reply
124 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 91 posts · 106 votes
8y
I’m acquaintances with Ryan Larson. Do you want me to put you in touch?
See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ronald RohdePro Member
    Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    Do you have a prospectus or pitch deck? Underwrite the deal like any other investment. I would caution investing based on the hearsay of others.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 91 posts · 106 votes
    8y
    I’m acquaintances with Ryan Larson. Do you want me to put you in touch?
  • Investor · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2016 · 222 posts · 294 votes
    8y

    @Andrew Allen Yes that would be great, thank you

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 91 posts · 106 votes
    8y

    @Cam Jimmy PM'ed you his contact information.

  • Investor · Pflugerville, TX · Member since 2014 · 114 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    @Cam Jimmy have you found anything on these guys?

  • Investor · Pflugerville, TX · Member since 2014 · 114 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    @Andrew Allen do you any info on the lonestar development guys?

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    I spoke with their investor relations person on the phone after Ken Harris recommended them.  They seem knowledgeable, but I get the sense they're growing too fast.  It's also hard to tell who is good at underwriting and who is just lucky in the current environment we have.  

    BTW....the investor relations guy never followed up with me like he claimed he would.  They're out-manned right now.  

  • Investor · Pflugerville, TX · Member since 2014 · 114 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    @Bryan Hancock

    Hey Brian,

    Thanks for the reply. I have talked to one of their partners. He’s trying to raise money for an opex fund. They claim they’re trying to acquire more. I don’t typically like to invest with people I can’t verify. They’re offering 15% fir 18 months.

    On a separate note, I’m in Pflugerville and have properties in Georgetown. Do you know of any area that are cash flowing in the area?

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    Wouldn’t recommend it. Not a great experience and current projects taking years. They sell on grandstanding but the results aren’t there. A little digging in public records nets negative results.

  • Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    2mo

    I was interested in this business after watching a presentation on BTR. 
    A quick check reflects quite a bit of financial instability for Lonestar Development Partners. Public records show Chris Kopacek with Lonestar development partners has multiple lawsuits from investors and business partners, lawsuits for failure to pay loans and expenses, garnishments, and even an arrest for failure to pay child support.


    Leann Marie (review above) is affiliated with Chris Kopacek according to public records. Considering it seems he also failed to pay her sums owed, I highly doubt she wrote this positive reflection or in the least her views have changed since then. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.