Commercial rental in not the best area

Commercial rental in not the best area

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Would you purchase a property in an area you are not 100% comfortable in, simply because it was a good price? Or stay away? Thanks in advance for your input. Newbie Alert

0Reply
11 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    6y

    Impossible to add any clarity without more detail.

    You could be buying a 10 million property and net worth is 8 million and maxing out a purchase which could have a higher overall risk factor versus someone with a 50 million net worth and a balanced portfolio.

  • CT · Member since 2016 · 50 posts · 37 votes
    6y

    @Daniel Alter I think this question depends a lot on each person's different strategy when it comes to real estate. When I think about my market and areas that I am not comfortable with, I just stay away all together. I generally look for buy and holds and, I personally do not want the added headaches that come along with investing in these certain areas. 

  • Ronald RohdePro Member
    Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Daniel Alter:

    Would you purchase a property in an area you are not 100% comfortable in, simply because it was a good price? Or stay away? Thanks in advance for your input. Newbie Alert

     you'll never be 100% comfortable, decide whether you need to be 90% confident and go from there.

  • Southeast · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    How are you determining a "good price"(value)? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.