Can a commercial realtor still sell my house?

Can a commercial realtor still sell my house?

Peoria, AZ · Member since 2012 · 51 posts · 10 votes

If I have a friend who works in a commercial RE brokerage, does he still have the ability to sell my house? This is theoretical, otherwise I would just ask my friend.

I would assume yes, but I think it would depend on the brokerage and what they allow. Sorry for my ignorance, my initial google/BP searches weren't turning up the answer!

0Reply
17 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    13y

    If they are licensed in that state they should be able to as long as they are working under a broker or are a principal broker.

    Now some states do not have agents but just brokers. The key question is in the IC agreement with their current brokerage. Errors and Omissions policy for the brokerage probably does not cover residential real estate because that is outside their area of expertise.

    The brokerage will have to approve the agent working on such a transaction on your behalf. You just have to check and see if they will allow it or not.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.