Interested in Starting Out in Commercial Real Estate

Interested in Starting Out in Commercial Real Estate

Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hi BP,

Just listened to a life-changing BP podcast (#416) and have decided to embark on a commercial real estate investment journey with my business partner, @Matt Glebus. Interested in learning as much as we can as fast as we can. 

What foundational resources would you recommend to someone just starting out in this space?

Best,

Maxwell

1Reply
28 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2018 · 247 posts · 247 votes
    5y

    I think first and foremost is to decide which asset class you want to focus on, at least in the beginning. That will dictate what you most need to learn. 

  • Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    I was thinking about investing in Industrial Warehouses to start. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2020 · 540 posts · 285 votes
    5y

    @Maxwell Coleman

    That’s the hottest asset class out there right now with all the online shopping, order fulfillment going on. Find a CCIM accredited commercial broker who can guide you to the right properties. You can look on LoopNet but those deals have all been passed on by the majority of people who saw it early.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2020 · 12 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @Maxwell Coleman

    I am new myself, but one thing I have heard is that if you are in the apartment space, being in touch with a really great property manager will not only help you manage the building that you will acquire but often times they could bring you leads to a building for sale.
    If you haven't yet, listen to podcast 308 about Sterling White. He describes his method on how to find leads and follow up with them.

  • Ronald RohdePro Member
    Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    I think there's plenty of content about supply chain, warehouse users. I think the best stakeholders understand the tenant business best.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.