Anybody else getting ready for commissioner sales in Indiana.

Anybody else getting ready for commissioner sales in Indiana.

Investor · Granger, IN · Member since 2015 · 195 posts · 129 votes

I just downloaded my first two lists today.  LaPorte and St. Joe Counties.  Let me know if anyone wants to team up or just throw ideas back and forth.  There are enough houses on either list for lots of people.

0Reply
12 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Terre Haute, IN · Member since 2015 · 55 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Sorry but what are commisioner sales? I've nevr heard of them before. I'm in Indiana too so this may be something that I should know about. 

  • Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Pardon me, I'm also in Indiana and I've never ever heard of Commissioner sales. Do you mean Tax sales? If so, you need to first and foremost understand the process... Due diligence!

  • Real Estate Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 316 posts · 165 votes
    10y

    @Raymond Mintz @Alan K Auman  yes many counties are having Commissioner sales (surplus sales) next month. Marion County has 3 of them a year.   120 day redemption period. 

  • Investor · Granger, IN · Member since 2015 · 195 posts · 129 votes
    10y

    Wow I did not know anyone did three.  Up here a lot of counties forego the spring sale and just throw the unsold ones back on the next fall.  But I do like the spring better than the fall sales for the shorter redemption period and that we tend to  (but not always) do better with actually getting the houses.

    Good Luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.