• Real Estate Investor
  • Albuquerque, NM
Votes |
A Couple Questions

Andrew Peterson
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Albuquerque, NM
Posted May 21 2012, 08:59

So to preface this, I gained an interest in doing bird dog work based off an article on BP that I read last week. I am not a real estate agent, and I do not have a license. I really do want to get into real estate investing, and so I thought doing the bird dog work would give me some great experience.

After reading the article I have already found 3 prospective homes in my neighborhood alone that are obviously abandoned. I have done some research and found out that 2 of them are still in court, and 1 has nothing on it.

The 2 homes that are in the foreclosure process are in a nice neighborhood, and other then a lot of weeds growing around them they would have some really nice curb appeal. However, since I just started doing this last week I am stuck on what my next right step should be. A couple ideas have passed my mind, but not sure if that would be the right direction.

1) My initial thought was since these homes are not bank owned perhaps I should contact the owners to see if they would be willing to sell and at what price. However, can I legally do this since I am not license?

2) Another thought was to first seek out some local investors, and approach them about the properties. However, I am not sure if I have enough information for them. I know the names of the owners, legal description, case number of the court docket, and the owner's contact information. Would this be enough information or should I do more digging before presenting this?

Your insight would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Drew

Loading replies...