A "Pinch Me" moment - I bought a 1,000 unit apartment complex

A "Pinch Me" moment - I bought a 1,000 unit apartment complex

Syndicator of Large Apartment Buildings · Glen Mills, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Last week I was in Atlanta, GA checking on my 1,000 unit apartment complex I bought in Feb 2021. 

The property is the 5th largest asset in Atlanta, based on the number of units, and it is such a big property.

And the journey to get here sure has been an interesting one. Here is my back story, I quit my CPA job 10+ years ago to focus on buying MF and shared my story on BP:   I quit my CPA Job to buy Large Apartment Buildings 

As I was walking around my property, I had a feeling of wanting to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I started out buying a duplex and now closing a 1,000 unit deal, a feeling of "WOW" I really did this.

I am very grateful and humbled to be in this position. 

If you haven't yet done your first deal, don't give up...get really clear on your "WHY" - your purpose or mission. 

Your WHY should be emotionally driven so it gives you the JUICE to keep moving forward. For me, I was in a place of PAIN, I was making good money but the passion for the line of work I was in as a CPA did not match the desired outcome that I needed in my life.

I realize the road ahead has many more bumps, turns, and struggles, but with Passion, and a crystal clear Mission/Vision, I know anything can be accomplished!!

7Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
4y

I remember your story well. Very motivating! Congratulations on all your success, @Brian Adams!

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Taylor DaschBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Temple, TX · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 700 votes
    4y

    Wow, what an incredible accomplishment! Great job. Definitely a good reminder to keep at it! 

  • Syndicator of Large Apartment Buildings · Glen Mills, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Taylor Dasch thanks.

    I believe that results come from an obsession with getting yourself to take action. No one can put in the hard work for you.

    Have a great week!!

  • Developer · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    I remember your story well. Very motivating! Congratulations on all your success, @Brian Adams!

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2022 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    Wow.  Talk about inspiring!  Can't wait to make my first purchase. 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.