Motel to Apartment Conversion Investors Lets Connect!

Motel to Apartment Conversion Investors Lets Connect!

Investor · FL · Member since 2017 · 134 posts · 66 votes

I am looking to meet other investors in the country that are currently or already have converted motels into apartments. I think it is one of the most untapped niche opportunities in the US right now and it would be beneficial to share each other's experiences. 

2Reply
19 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    4y

    Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Investor · FL · Member since 2017 · 134 posts · 66 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jim Flynn:
    Quote from @Jace Perry:

    I am looking to meet other investors in the country that are currently or already have converted motels into apartments. I think it is one of the most untapped niche opportunities in the US right now and it would be beneficial to share each other's experiences. 

    What is your price range

     $5M 

  • Investor · FL · Member since 2017 · 134 posts · 66 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jim Flynn:
    Quote from @Jace Perry:

    I am looking to meet other investors in the country that are currently or already have converted motels into apartments. I think it is one of the most untapped niche opportunities in the US right now and it would be beneficial to share each other's experience

     When are you wanting to get started?


     Right now I have 3 under contract in SC. 

  • Contractor · TX · Member since 2022 · 37 posts · 12 votes
    3y

    Jace I have put together some plans for an 8 plex with 4 units as 3/2 and 4 units as 1/1, the plan is to build these as investments for other RE investors so they don't have to keep hunting down deals. We create the deals for them. Keep the asset for 5 years and build several more just like it, controlling costs and reducing expenses along the way. Once we have 80 or so units built, we package it and sell it to a bigger REI firm that buys these types if assets. I have another building type that is 2/2 and 1/1 in the same building. I am working on an all 1/1 building for student housing in cities that are low on that type of housing. Let me know your thoughts.

  • Rental Property Investor · Jefferson City, MO · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 8 votes
    3y

    @Jace Perry

    I completely agree with you. I purchased a 27 unit motel and converted it to efficiency apartments. With low supply and high demand in my area the property is doing well. Please let me know if anyone has questions, thanks!

  • Louisville, KY · Member since 2023 · 70 posts · 34 votes
    3y

    Some small towns outside of larger cities have struggling motels, they're easy to identify. Try asking the local chamber of commerce, our nearby chamber suggested a conversion and knew the local owner of one.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.