I am a novice investor! Multifamily investing can be a lucrative venture but requires careful planning and understanding of the real estate market. I want in fact I need stability and growth has nursing is not quite the same anymore. If anyone can help or point me to the right direction of taking me under their wing or any networking events please let me know.
Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
2y
Hi Abena, are you looking to invest locally in New Jersey, or are you open to out-of-state opportunities? I'm always ready to chat and share my investing experience, especially here in Columbus, Ohio. I can offer insights on both single-family and multifamily properties, including how to start investing out of state. Back in 2020, I began with a duplex, and now my partner and I have built a solid portfolio of rental properties across Ohio. Let me know if there's anything I can assist you with!
I am a novice investor! Multifamily investing can be a lucrative venture but requires careful planning and understanding of the real estate market. I want in fact I need stability and growth has nursing is not quite the same anymore. If anyone can help or point me to the right direction of taking me under their wing or any networking events please let me know.
Go to BUILD YOUR TEAM at the top of your screen and you can search for other MEMBERS or LOCAL MEETUPS. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area.
Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
2y
Hi Abena, are you looking to invest locally in New Jersey, or are you open to out-of-state opportunities? I'm always ready to chat and share my investing experience, especially here in Columbus, Ohio. I can offer insights on both single-family and multifamily properties, including how to start investing out of state. Back in 2020, I began with a duplex, and now my partner and I have built a solid portfolio of rental properties across Ohio. Let me know if there's anything I can assist you with!
@Min Zhang Hi! I will like to focus on Multifamily but definitely not in NJ. I was born & raised here and it’s getting expensive. I am open to Ohio, Florida, South Carolina, Texas, Arizona and Michigan. I attended a 3 day workshop in NJ and I wasn’t fond of it. I’m attending another seminar on May 8th in NYC so I hope that will be better. Hopefully I can get something by October. Sure, please let me know how I can contact you
Real Estate Agent · Morristown, NJ · Member since 2020 · 206 posts · 128 votes
2y
@Abena Edusei I like where your head is at with your perspective on the effectiveness of real estate investing, but what stands out to me are the states you mentioned in the above comment. Be careful of the shiny object syndrome. I know those states are the most commonly tossed around names for landlord-friendly states... but if everyone else is doing it, is that also what you want to be doing? Would caution you even further if you like those states because they are "cheaper." To me, if an area seems "favorable" from a google search, I'm too late on it.
I would challenge you to dig wayyy deeper. Naming preferred states to invest in is as broad as saying "I want food for dinner." What city? What part of the city? What street? What side of the street?
I personally love investing in NJ because 1) google says not to, and 2) I know the answers to my questions I just asked.
To each their own and I wish you a ton of success!
I am a novice investor! Multifamily investing can be a lucrative venture but requires careful planning and understanding of the real estate market. I want in fact I need stability and growth has nursing is not quite the same anymore. If anyone can help or point me to the right direction of taking me under their wing or any networking events please let me know.
Walk, don't run into Jersey City real estate. You can run a fowl fast in JC; if you don't know the rules.
Go to meetup.com and find some real estate groups. It might cost you 10 or 20 bucks to join a meet and greet, but it can be a learning experience. Stay far away from any gurus (especially on Bigger Pockets) and invest in boots-on-the-ground knowledge.
Once you find your 1st property, hire a property manager. You do not want to have an issue with fair housing or the many JC regulatory agencies. There's rent control, rent increases, rent regulations, etc. After you learn the ropes, you can go on your own if you want. Don't be too hard on yourself if and when you make mistakes, which you will do.
Failure and mistakes are our best teachers as long as we learn from them.
@Jake Handler where in NJ are your investments located? What type of properties do you have. Born and raise in Middlesex county and all we have here is single family, townhomes or apartments which are heavily on the rise right now. Everything in New Jersey is expensive, and the Multifamily homes I was looking at in Bergen county… I don’t even want to start in that
@Calvin Thomas thank you for dropping some gems for me! I signed up for the meetup.com emails. I haven’t attending any meetups yet that because my grandmother passed away two weeks ago. My time is now, so I’m all in!
@Calvin Thomas thank you for dropping some gems for me! I signed up for the meetup.com emails. I haven’t attending any meetups yet that because my grandmother passed away two weeks ago. My time is now, so I’m all in!
You can do it. Just take your time and don't rush into anything.