Looking to connect with others in the multifamily space

Looking to connect with others in the multifamily space

Member since 2023 · 7 posts · 6 votes

Hello everyone Cody here!

I'm looking to get into multifamily as my investment vehicle and I'd love to hear how those of you with multifamily got started yourself. I'm very interested in hearing each and every one of yall's stories on how you got started. Feel free to add me as a friend and lets connect! 

0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Gino BarbaroPro Member
Rental Property Investor · St Augustine, FL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
2y

@Cody Flicek

I started like most other investors. Made some big mistakes, found a multifamily group, started to listen to podcasts, found a great partner, and we bought our first deal after looking for 18 months. We bought our second deal three months after that.

I would decide what your multifamily goals are, what strategies you want to use, and go and find meet ups. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Gino BarbaroPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · St Augustine, FL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    @Cody Flicek

    I started like most other investors. Made some big mistakes, found a multifamily group, started to listen to podcasts, found a great partner, and we bought our first deal after looking for 18 months. We bought our second deal three months after that.

    I would decide what your multifamily goals are, what strategies you want to use, and go and find meet ups. 

  • John WilliamsBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2018 · 443 posts · 210 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Cody Flicek:

    Hello everyone Cody here!

    I'm looking to get into multifamily as my investment vehicle and I'd love to hear how those of you with multifamily got started yourself. I'm very interested in hearing each and every one of yall's stories on how you got started. Feel free to add me as a friend and lets connect! 


     Hey Cody! I started by house hacking several single family homes. I then traded up into some small multifamily. I think starting small and trading up is a great strategy! 

    John Williams, 

    Property Manager

    Clarksville, TN

    Rent My Home - Property Management4.8207 Reviews
  • Member since 2024 · 20 posts · 8 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Cody Flicek:

    Hello everyone Cody here!

    I'm looking to get into multifamily as my investment vehicle and I'd love to hear how those of you with multifamily got started yourself. I'm very interested in hearing each and every one of yall's stories on how you got started. Feel free to add me as a friend and lets connect! 

    Hi Cody, it’s possible that my situation isn’t very far ahead of yours. We’re still looking for our first deal. Considering that “track record” is an issue, our first deal will probably be stabilized with day one cash flow. However, our advantage is over 30 years experience on the asset management side.
  • Investor · Carmel, IN · Member since 2024 · 55 posts · 22 votes
    2y

    @Cody Flicek

    Hey Cody! I do not currently own any multifamily, but it is my goal to do so one day. Right now I am working for a reputable multifamily owner/operator to soak up as much knowledge in the space as I can. Additionally, I'm planning to commence my real estate investment journey by house hacking and eventually scale up to large multifamily assets. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.